Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Web Player] How do you disable it?

[Web Player] How do you disable it?

When I’m playing music on Spotify, all of sudden, it will just automatically switch to “Web Player” which I have never used, then play music on its own. I switch to my phone on ‘My Devices’ then I try to play music, and songs will skip tracks after few seconds sometimes a minute into a track. I looksd all over settings on my phone to disable Web Player,  but I do not see an option where i can disable it. From my understading, Web Players are for none paying customers, why is it even option for me a Premium Member to have it along with app to disrupt music? Also, I exit out of the app, and if re-open the app immediately, I will still have this issue, so sometimes, I would exit ouf of apps for couple if hours to fix this problem, but it is reoccuring way to often. Please advise me how to solve this problem spotify. Thank you

3 Replies

Hey @smokinglee.

Thanks for getting in touch! We're happy to help.

Web Player can be used by both Premium and Free users, so that shouldn't be the issue! Do you mean this happens when you click a Spotify link?

We look forward to your reply. Take care 🙂

Hi,

So i would turn my app on the phone, then search an artist or an album, then i’d be listening to music. I walk around for work so i have a blutooth in my ear, and spotify is automatically connected to it as i open the app. Then all of sudden music would stop, so i will unlock my phone and pull up the app from background, and i noticed on the bottom that it is playing music on Web Player, and some electric music band from some eastern european country that I never heard of.
I would switch back to my blutooth device, then tracks just start to skip sometimes after couple seconds or even a minute into.
I need to exit out of my app and if i re-open it right away same sequence of things will happen again as i described above.

I would play something else on my phone like a hulu or something for about 1/2 to an hour then reopen the app then it would not give me a problem for few days, but sooner or later, this happens again.

I hope that was adequate enough explanation for you to go on and find a solution to this issue.

Thank you

Hey @smokinglee.

Thanks for getting back to us with those details - we understand what you mean 🙂

It sounds like someone might have gained access to your account. We suggest you get in touch with our Customer Support team here, who will help secure your account to prevent this from happening to you again.

Let us know how it goes! We'll be right here in case you need anything else.

Suggested posts