Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

iOS Local Files: Easier import with the Files app

It is now easier to import Local Files into the Spotify iOS app through the Files app on your iOS device. A computer and WiFi network are not required to use this new import method. This means that you can now import Local Files into the Spotify iOS ...

Files app icon.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • 31mwp7shpmdorxy6haqf
  • Spotify
  • 15 replies
  • 36 likes
  • 15 replies
  • 36 likes

Solved!! Different view

PlanPremiumDeviceiPhone 7Operating SystemiOS12 Hi, sometimes spotify change view of playback where bottom bar with buttons disapear and buttons are visible only after interaction, while they are floating upon album cover. This is perfect and I would ...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Device iPhone 7 Operating System iOS12   Hi, sometimes spotify change view of playback where bottom bar with buttons disapear and buttons are visible only after interaction, ...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Playback view layout
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution My family subscription only works on my Mac, not on my phone

Hi, I paid for the family subscription. It works well on my macbook. However, it still appears that my account is FREE on my iPhone. I've logged in and out multiple times and reinstalled the app mutiple times, but it still appears as FREE. Is there a...

• Hi,   I paid for the family subscription. It works well on my macbook. However, it still appears that my account is FREE on my iPhone. I've logged in and out multiple times and reinstalled the...
  • Daisy
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

My Queue Is Really Buggy

PlanPremiumCountry Australia DeviceiPhone 8Operating SystemiOS 12 My Question or Issue Not sure if this is just me but whenever I make a queue, the last song in the list becomes invisible and uneditable. To add the que often doesn’t move and keeps so...

• Plan Premium Country  Australia  Device iPhone 8 Operating System iOS 12   My Question or Issue  Not sure if this is just me but whenever I make a queue, the last song i...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Ghost Queue
    iOS 12
    iphone 8
    Queue bug
    queue error
    queue list
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

My iphone spotify bounces when plugged into my car, can't use phone. Any way to fix?

When I plug my iphone x into my car to use spotify, it sometimes begins bouncing and I can't use my phone. It is like Spotify hijacks my phone and won't let me use anything but Spotify. It does this often. Quite annoying and the fact Spotify works pe...

• When I plug my iphone x into my car to use spotify, it sometimes begins bouncing and I can't use my phone. It is like Spotify hijacks my phone and won't let me use anything but Spotify. It does this ...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Shared playlist link

PlanPremiumCountry USADeviceiPhone XOperating SystemiOS 12 My Question or IssueMy friends and i have a shared playlist where we compile our favorites each month. I can't seem to open this month's playlist. I got the link in a text message, which take...

• Plan Premium Country  USA Device iPhone X Operating System iOS 12   My Question or Issue My friends and i have a shared playlist where we compile our favorites each month. I ...
  • Billy-J
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! App slow and crashing after ios update

PlanPremium CountryUSA DeviceIphone X My Question or IssueSince updating to ios 12, spotify is extremely slow, often completely unresponsive when opening it. About half of the time it ends up crashing. I tried re-installing it but it behaves the same...

• Regular
  • Plan Premium   Country USA   Device Iphone X     My Question or Issue Since updating to ios 12, spotify is extremely slow, often completely unresponsive when openi...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify on ipad only

I would like to give my daughter (9) access to her Spotify family. account on her ipad in her room but only if I can have her use Spotify only. Like guided access and she won’t be able to navigate to anything else on her IPad. Guided access doesn’t w...

• Casual Listener
  • I  would like to give my daughter (9) access to her Spotify family. account on her ipad in her room but only if I can have her use Spotify only. Like guided access and she won’t be able to navig...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Songs playing at high speed when connected to vehicle

Plan: PremiumCountry: Canada Device: iPhone 6 (Rogers)Operating System: 11.4.1 When connected to 2018 Toyota Tacoma, songs play at triple or higher speed for one second, then drop out for 1 second, then resume playing at triple speed for 1 second. An...

• Casual Listener
  •   Plan: Premium Country: Canada   Device: iPhone 6 (Rogers) Operating System: 11.4.1   When connected to 2018 Toyota Tacoma, songs play at triple or higher speed for one second,...
  • Jemi
  • Spotify Legend
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Songs fully deleted ?

Hi there pkease excuse my question, i am a newish user. I am running out of storeage space on my phone and need to delete some albums. To remove a downloaded album, I untogle the download button and confirm remove. The download button is white. howev...

• Hi there   pkease excuse my question, i am a newish user.   I am running out of storeage space on my phone and need to delete some albums.   To remove a downloaded album, I ...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify suddenly won't connect on iPad 1

PlanPremiumCountryUK DeviceiPad 1 (Model A1219)Operating SystemVersion 5.1.1 I have been using Spotify for at least a year on this old iPad a friend gave it. It has worked perfectly. The other day it simply stopped connecting. The WiFi on the device ...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country UK   Device iPad 1 (Model A1219) Operating System Version 5.1.1   I have been using Spotify for at least a year on this old iPad a friend gave it. It has work...
  • Keanu_C
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Unable to change tracks in car via Bluetooth

PlanPremiumCountry Australia Device(iPhone 8Operating System(iOS 12 My Question or IssueI am unable to change tracks via the buttons on my display nor the steering wheel when I have Spotify connected to my car (2011 VW Golf). I can change using my ph...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country  Australia  Device (iPhone 8 Operating System (iOS 12   My Question or Issue I am unable to change tracks via the buttons on my display nor the steering ...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • bluetooth
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify app will no longer let me download it

Each time I open up app and try to download Spotify onto my phone, no cloud logo appears and the app seems to freeze and not even let me download it anymore. I had the app previsouly and deleted it as I was freeing up storage and would like to downlo...

• Each time I open up app and try to download Spotify onto my phone, no cloud logo appears and the app seems to freeze and not even let me download it anymore. I had the app previsouly and deleted it a...
  • Billy-J
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

IOS still showing “Free” status

I signed up for Spotify and premium today and used the “Log in with Facebook” feature. I upgraded to premium through my web browser, but on the Spotify app it still says I have a free account. It is is the same account because the picture from the Fa...

• I signed up for Spotify and premium today and used the “Log in with Facebook” feature. I upgraded to premium through my web browser, but on the Spotify app it still says I have a free account.  ...
  • Billy-J
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Offline Library

When I am away from WiFi and try to play my downloaded offline library the songs will lag on and off and slowly buffer. What’s the deal?

• When I am away from WiFi and try to play my downloaded offline library the songs will lag on and off and slowly buffer. What’s the deal?
  • Billy-J
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

New device but 0 songs

When i login on my new phone i can see al my playlists but 0 saved songs.

• When i login on my new phone i can see al my playlists but 0 saved songs. 
  • Billy-J
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Notifications on iOS

Hi! I use Spotify with my iPhone but I have never received a push notification. In the option section we can select push notification for new music, playlist update, artist update, etc... But it has never been working. Of course notifications are act...

• Hi!  I use Spotify with my iPhone but I have never received a push notification. In the option section we can select push notification for new music, playlist update, artist update, etc... But ...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Queue is bugging

PlanPremiumCountryGermanyDeviceiPhone SEOperating System(iOS 10 My Question or Issue Wassup guys I'm having problems with my songs in queue. When I move some songs to the queue they dont get listed at all, the process actually works, the song is move...

• Plan Premium Country Germany Device iPhone SE Operating System (iOS 10   My Question or Issue   Wassup guys   I'm having problems with my songs in queue. When I move some ...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Recovering old saved playlist from iPhone

PlanPremiumCountryFinlandDeviceiPhone 4Operating SystemiOS 7.1 & Windows 7 My Question or IssueSpotify has a playlist called Chill Tracks.It has changed over the years and I'd love to listen to the old songs from the past which I can't remember anymo...

• Plan Premium Country Finland Device iPhone 4 Operating System iOS 7.1 & Windows 7   My Question or Issue Spotify has a playlist called Chill Tracks. It has changed over the years ...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

PlanPremiumCountry GermanyDeviceiPhone 8Operating SystemiOS 12 My Question or Issue I was logged out of my iPhone Spotify app and since then I’m not able to log back in. I can log in to my iPad app and on computers at well - only the iPhone app doesn...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country  Germany Device iPhone 8 Operating System iOS 12   My Question or Issue  I was logged out of my iPhone Spotify app and since then I’m not able to log bac...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

the new update

The new update isnt showing me the list of songs on my playlists or my ‘favourited’ songs and when i plag music the whole playlist doesnt show. The update has rlly Dissapointed me.

• The new update isnt showing me the list of songs on my playlists or my ‘favourited’ songs and when i plag music the whole playlist doesnt show. The update has rlly Dissapointed me. 
  • Billy-J
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes