Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

iOS Local Files: Easier import with the Files app

It is now easier to import Local Files into the Spotify iOS app through the Files app on your iOS device. A computer and WiFi network are not required to use this new import method. This means that you can now import Local Files into the Spotify iOS ...

Files app icon.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • 31mwp7shpmdorxy6haqf
  • Spotify
  • 15 replies
  • 36 likes
  • 15 replies
  • 36 likes

Solved!! Spotify won't accept changes to my queue

Plan Premium Country UK DeviceIphone 6s Operating System ios 10 My Question or Issue For some reason my queue has been weird lately, if I shuffle a playlist and then make changes to the queue it won't actually play the order I've changed it too it'll...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan  Premium   Country UK   Device Iphone 6s   Operating System ios 10   My Question or Issue  For some reason my queue has been weird lately, if I shuff...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Can’t find band info or profiles

PlanFree/PremiumCountry Operating System(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.) My Question or Issue

• Plan Free/Premium Country   Operating System (iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)   My Question or Issue  
  • SweMar
  • Music Fan
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

My 'Local File' music are not in the playlist I created on my iPhone!

So I downloaded some music on my desktop and moved those files over to the Spotify Local Files area. They work perfectly normal on my desktop, however when I goto my iPhone to open up the playlist, there's nothing there. It says "Want to add songs to...

• Regular
  • So I downloaded some music on my desktop and moved those files over to the Spotify Local Files area. They work perfectly normal on my desktop, however when I goto my iPhone to open up the playlist, t...
  • Yet
  • Regular
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Can I batch edit my music in a playlist?

So I need to edit multiple songs in a playlist but I cannot seem to find where that feature is. For example, If I have multiple songs at the bottom, can I move those to the top at an instant?

• Regular
  •    So I need to edit multiple songs in a playlist but I cannot seem to find where that feature is. For example, If I have multiple songs at the bottom, can I move those to the top at an in...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Overheating while streaming to other device

Plan - Family (Premium)Country - United StatesDevice - iPhone 7 PlusOperating System - iOS 12 My Question or IssueWhen I connect to a device to listen to music (in this case I’m connecting my phone to my Apple TV to listen to Spotify on the stereo) m...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan - Family (Premium) Country - United States Device - iPhone 7 Plus Operating System - iOS 12   My Question or Issue When I connect to a device to listen to music (in this case I’m...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • battery
    battery drain
    Connect
    Connected Device
    Device Available
    drain
    Hot
    Overheating
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Re: Spotify can’t connect on iPad 1st

Spotify 8.4.71.578IOS: 12Iphone SE. Cannot find devices on spotify app. trying to connect to a chromecast i have been using the last 3 years. without problems.

• Spotify 8.4.71.578 IOS: 12 Iphone SE.   Cannot find devices on spotify app. trying to connect to a chromecast i have been using the last 3 years. without problems.
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

I’m trying to open these songs and I get this this song is not available

PlanPremiumCountry UsaDevice(iPhone Operating System(iOS 12) The massage I get These song used to open New album that I can’t play .

77114EE7-13ED-42B3-9620-F07C473FD4F3.png F5BC041E-0461-49BA-8726-C3B0168DE78B.png 827BDA1E-3535-4FE7-9913-847EAD1B6BA4.png
  • Casual Listener
  •   Plan Premium Country  Usa Device (iPhone 😎 Operating System (iOS 12)   The massage I get   These song used to open   New album that I can’t play . &nb...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Cant adjust set list without refreshing

PlanPremiumCountrysingapore Device(iPhone X)Operating System(IOS12.) in the past i can adjust my setlist by shifting queues in play next and move around the songs i want to play in order. However recently in order to do that aft switching the order o...

•   Plan Premium Country singapore   Device (iPhone X) Operating System (IOS12.)   in the past i can adjust my setlist by shifting queues in play next and move around the song...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

[Desktop] Select default Sound Device

I recently joined family premium. When I went to access spotify I selected one of the other family members phones by mistake and now have all their playlists in my phone and not of my original ones. How do I fix this problem?Thanks LeeM

• I recently joined family premium.  When I went to access spotify I selected one of the other family members phones by mistake and now have all their playlists in my phone and not of my original ...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Playlist won’t update unless I have the app open

DeviceiPhone X’sOperating SystemiOS 12.0 As stated above, my playlist won’t update unless I have the Spotify app open and I’m under “you’re library” AND the phone is unlucked/screen is on. I have to set “auto-lock” option to “never” and set the phone...

• Device iPhone X’s Operating System iOS 12.0   As stated above, my playlist won’t update unless I have the Spotify app open and I’m under “you’re library” AND the phone is unlucked/screen is...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

How to add note(?) to playlist

I’m creating a playlist with songs from a particular year. However, some songs are not on Spotify and I would like to add a note to the playlist to state which ones are missing. I’ve added a photo of a playlist which has this, but I can’t work out ho...

976EA3C3-7CB2-4736-B555-AB8B683083A3.png
  • Casual Listener
  • I’m creating a playlist with songs from a particular year. However, some songs are not on Spotify and I would like to add a note to the playlist to state which ones are missing. I’ve added a photo of...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Can’t change order of songs in queue when playing a shuffled playlist

PlanPremiumCountry USDeviceiPhone XOperating SystemiOS 12.0 My Question or IssueWhen I change the order of the songs set in the queue or about to play next from the playlist, the changes won’t stay. It will just play based on the original shuffled or...

• Plan Premium Country  US Device iPhone X Operating System iOS 12.0   My Question or Issue When I change the order of the songs set in the queue or about to play next from the play...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes
  • queue error
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes

Lieder werden automatisch übersprungen nach 1:20

PremiumCountry GermanyDevice(iPhone 7 / macbook pro)Operating System(iOS 10)My Question or Issue Hilfe, seit ca 2 Tagen wird jedes meiner Lieder dass ich abspiele nach 1:20 weitergeschaltet auf das nächste Lied?!?!?!?!Ich habe bereits alles neu insta...

• Premium Country Germany Device (iPhone 7 / macbook pro) Operating System (iOS 10) My Question or Issue   Hilfe, seit ca 2 Tagen wird jedes meiner Lieder dass ich abspiele nach 1:20 weite...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Problems while playing songs, songs dont' start at beginning

Hi all, Lately I have a problem playing songs on Spotify. When I for instance listen to some playlists, I get some problems playing the songs. When I skip to the next song, the song does not start at the beginning of the song. Some songs start at 6 s...

• Regular
  •   Hi all, Lately I have a problem playing songs on Spotify. When I for instance listen to some playlists, I get some problems playing the songs. When I skip to the next song, the song does not ...
  • marcel2209
  • Regular
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

Songs not downloading to iPhone

PlanPremiumCountry Australia Device(iPhone 7)Operating System(iOS) My Question or Issue I am attempting to download a playlist but it is stuck on 'Downloading - waiting to download'. I have tried clearing space on my phone (there are a few Gb free no...

• Plan Premium Country Australia   Device (iPhone 7) Operating System (iOS)   My Question or Issue   I am attempting to download a playlist but it is stuck on 'Downloadin...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify new features .. Whats good and whats not ?

Can we please share our thoughts here on new features of spotify on IOS ?? Good things first 1. Cool New design2. Free Users can now select DO NOT PLAY THIS SONG AGAIN from any playlist and it wont ever come up again !!!!3. Ability to preview 10 seco...

• Gig Goer
  • Can we please share our thoughts here on new features of spotify on IOS ??   Good things first  1. Cool New design 2. Free Users can now select DO NOT PLAY THIS SONG AGAIN from any play...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify app won’t play podcast episodes

Hi! I’ve been trying to play episodes of the In Our Time podcast in the Spotify app. However, I’m only able to listen to a few of the first episodes I ever clicked on—if I try to click on a new one, the app glitches (the downbar pops up and then disa...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi! I’ve been trying to play episodes of the In Our Time podcast in the Spotify app. However, I’m only able to listen to a few of the first episodes I ever clicked on—if I try to click on a new ...
  • kn410
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 6 likes

Solved!! Random music after inactivity

PlanPremiumCountry MexicoDeviceiPhone XOperating SystemiOS 12.0 My Question or Issue Every time after a period of inactivity, when I open the app, it shows the message saying than I’m listening music in web player Chrome and changes the playlist bein...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country  Mexico Device iPhone X Operating System iOS 12.0   My Question or Issue  Every time after a period of inactivity, when I open the app, it shows the mess...
  • changoleoncin
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • djSugarRush
    inactivity
    ios12
    iphonex
    tommy
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

how to unhide deleted songs (do not play again button) on premium?? PLEASE HELP

Before i upgraded to premium i clicked the 'do not play this again' button on a couple of songs that i didn't want to listen to in one of playlists because i couldn't skip. On the free version it was easy to undo this, however now that i've upgraded ...

• Before i upgraded to premium i clicked the 'do not play this again' button on a couple of songs that i didn't want to listen to in one of playlists because i couldn't skip. On the free version it was...
  • logic500
  • Gig Goer
  • 2 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 4 likes

Unable to download songs on iphone6

PlanPremium Country Hong Kong DeviceIPhone 6 Operating System My Question or Issue As shown above, there is no download individual song option available, please help!

EBB37702-3E15-4AA7-96DB-8EDDF78588EC.png 75E33058-DE3E-42D2-9593-486712A80325.png
  • Casual Listener
  •     Plan Premium  Country  Hong Kong  Device IPhone 6   Operating System   My Question or Issue  As shown above, there is no download individua...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes