Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

What is causing my playlist to download every time I reopen the app?????

What is causing my playlist to download every time I reopen the app?????

PREMIUM PLAN

US

iPhone X - Latest iOS

Since I've moved from NY, I haven't been using my playlist on a daily bases. BUT I was back for work for a week, and my rides on the subway were miserable because the playlists I had created for the sole purpose of using while I'm OFFLINE were no longer available.

ALL my downloaded songs were no longer downloaded, and I had to connect to wifi so they could download AGAIN. I've been a paying customer for well over six years; wth, do I have to download playlists that are supposed to be available while offline? WHY ARE THEY NO LONGER DOWNLOADED? WHY DO THEY DOWNLOAD WHEN I CONNECT TO WIFI? What the **bleep** is going on?

2 Replies

Check out this help article for some tips on this:

https://support.spotify.com/article/listen-offline-troubleshooting/

There are a few possible reasons why your downloads might be removed:

• You've downloaded music to more than 5 devices. (can only download on up to 5 devices at a time)
  • You haven't been online with Spotify at least once in the last 30 days. 
  • If you've recently reinstalled the app.
  • Your Spotify app needs updating
  • The content's no longer available on Spotify.
  • Tracks in some playlists are updated regularly, meaning tracks might be removed. 

If your tracks won't stay downloaded to your device, we recommend removing all your active offline devices (see "Manage your active offline devices" below), then reinstall the app before downloading the tracks again. 

Manage your offline devices

You can download Spotify tracks for offline listening on up to 5 devices at a time. 

If you want to download music to a 6th device, you have these options:

• When you download to the additional device, the device with the earliest downloads is automatically removed from the Offline devices list. The tracks on this device will no longer be downloaded for offline listening. 
  • Before you download to the additional device, manually remove a device from the Offline devices list. The tracks on this device will no longer be downloaded for offline listening. 
MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hey there @adrianah23,

Thanks for reaching out! 

Did the solutions by Matt help? 

If the issue persists, can you tell us if you have any cache-clearing apps? If so, make sure that Spotify is set as an exception.

Keep us posted 🙂 

PetyaModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

Suggested posts