Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Where Discovery gone??

Solved!

Where Discovery gone??

1. Yes Plan

Premium

uk

Device

Iphone 

Operating System

ios12

My Question or Issue

Where has the discover section gone in the latest iOS mobile update? It was the best thing about Spotify. Have they really just removed it?? 

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Okay: Discover is hidden very, very well under „search“ (scroll down a lot to find it). Obviously, Spotify didn’t kill it, just doesn’t want us to find it. 

View solution in original post

9 Replies

As part of a recent update, Spotify has overhauled the layout of the ios app which has, in fact, removed the radio and discover tabs from the bottom of the app. All is not lost, though! They have also redone the search and home page. Under the search page, you are able to browse music and playlists by genre, artist, mood, etc. And a function similar to the discover page can now be found on the home page!

I’ve seen those options but they are nowhere near as good. The home page points you to generic genre playlists as indeed does the options on the search page. This is miles away from the dozens of personalised recommendations based on artists you have actually listened to. This was where I regularly discovered for myself brilliant music that I loved. This feels as if you’re trying to point us to impersonal playlists and mainstream artists. Please rethink.

I am very disappointed as well! The personalized recommendations were Spotifys USP. The generic playlists are of no interest. „My Mixtape“ also consists mainly of music I know already. You just broke the one thing that set you apart from Apple Music and the other competitors. 

Marked as solution

Okay: Discover is hidden very, very well under „search“ (scroll down a lot to find it). Obviously, Spotify didn’t kill it, just doesn’t want us to find it. 

Thanks for the update. 

Due to the poor messaging this wasnt apparent to some of us.

Rather than just showing the "we've made some changes" on the search tab, they should put this front and center.

Went through reinstallation of the app 3 times before finally seeing this, and a Google search is useless, because so many people have had bugs with icons in the past, and you get sent to OLD threads.

Thanks again.

You are sooo right! Thanks for that. No idea how long it would have taken me to find that. I’m happy again! 

So in the very bottom of search i see Trending and not much more. Can anyone attach a screenshot or something?
VERY dissapointed with spotify, keeps trying to form my taste with "viral hits" with no respect to what I actually listen to.

I don’t know if it is different per user and mine is german, but here it looks like this:

IMG_0497.jpg

Bottom left in the photo on the search tab (Iphone app)

07DBD7BA-FC97-47D9-802E-D1CAA5B9E47A.png

Suggested posts