Announcements

Where is the Spotify Running option for playlist based on personal taste / library?

Solved!
Highlighted

Where is the Spotify Running option for playlist based on personal taste / library?

Roadie

This summer I tried Spotify running and was able to select an option that picked tracks that matched my BPM based on my Library. It was great.

I was going to get back into Spotify Running today and can't find that option. Has it been eliminated (oooooooooof) or moved / renamed?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Solution!

Re: Where is the Spotify Running option for playlist based on personal taste / library?

Rock Star 24
Rock Star 24

Hey @ACAx1985xx

You mean you cannot find the running feature?

Running can now be found under Browse > Genres & Moods, along with Spotify's new Party feature.

MattSudaRock Star 24
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

20 Replies
Highlighted

Re: Where is the Spotify Running option for playlist based on personal taste / library?

Roadie

Anybody find it?

Highlighted
Solution!

Rock Star 24
Rock Star 24

Hey @ACAx1985xx

You mean you cannot find the running feature?

Running can now be found under Browse > Genres & Moods, along with Spotify's new Party feature.

MattSudaRock Star 24

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Roadie
I can find "Running", but I can't find the option to create my own Running Mix based on my personal taste as defined by my music library.
Highlighted

Rock Star 24
Rock Star 24

Hey @ACAx1985xx

If you go to Running > Running Playlists > Recommended For You, you'll find suggestions based on your listening history.

There, Spotify will match your tempo with your favorite music. However, it adds new music from the Spotify catalog if your saved music doesn’t match your tempo OR if it's fairly small there wouldn’t be enough tracks there to make a playlist.

MattSudaRock Star 24
Highlighted

Roadie
Yeah, I don't have that option. 😞
Highlighted

Rock Star 24
Rock Star 24

Hey @ACAx1985xx

Sorry, I meant

Browse > scroll down to moods and select Running then > Running Playlists > Recommended For You

Are you still not seeing it?

MattSudaRock Star 24
Highlighted

Casual Listener
IMHO a bit confusing that they moved this option. I guess I would never have found it when it was there from the beginning ^^
Highlighted

Regular

Tried these instructions but can't find "running" among the tiles in browse > genres & moods. Spotify 8.4.18.743 armV7 on Android 7.1.1.

Highlighted

Gig Goer

Likewise. It was there a week ago when I went for a run. Last couple times I look, it's not there. Android. 8.4.42

SUGGESTED POSTS