Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Where's my Airplay icon?

Solved!

Where's my Airplay icon?

In short,

I've got 2 ipads, 2 iphones, I'm a premium spotify subscriber, I can use the native apple Remote app to stream music from either ios device to either my laptop or to my Denon 3312 Amplifier (which supports Airplay) via Airplay.

However, I have not once seen the Airplay icon from any ios device using the spotify app. I've tried turning all of the apple devices off but one to elimiante interference.

I've shut everything down multiple times and upgraded all software to the latest version.

What's really annoying is that it works perfecty via the native iphone Remote app.

Any suggestions would be very grateful.

46 Replies

@mstemmelen wrote:

Seriously, why can't I airplay on my Denon from my laptop?????? It works in iTunes, I don't get it...... where is the icon on the Spotify app for my laptop??

Hey 🙂 

There is no airplay function currently in the desktop versions of Spotify. There is a rather large ideas topic about adding this functionality over on the Ideas Exchange

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

But why is that? iTunes's got it. I have a Denon amplifier. And a premium account, and yet can't benefit from it, it takes quite a bit of battery to use either the ipad or iphone to stream, I don't want to do that. I don't understand if you are charging 10$ a month per custommer, and yet can't have that laptop/desktop stream option. Why don't you build it?

@mstemmelen wrote:

But why is that? iTunes's got it. I have a Denon amplifier. And a premium account, and yet can't benefit from it, it takes quite a bit of battery to use either the ipad or iphone to stream, I don't want to do that. I don't understand if you are charging 10$ a month per custommer, and yet can't have that laptop/desktop stream option. Why don't you build it?

I don't work for Spotify, so I can't answer that question for you. 

Peter

Peter

ah ok, well does anyone who works for Spotify can be reached?

thanks-

You can get in touch with them directly either by using the online contact form or by tweeting @SpotifyCares 😉 

Peter

Peter

ok this it I found out its the old version 9.12 but not the new one its too small the 1.0 hers the site to download the one for devise icon n ipod connection to many older versions http://www.filehorse.com/
Marked as solution

Hey there folks,

Thanks for reaching out here in the Community!

If you're having troubles using AirPlay on your speakers or sound systems, we'd suggest taking a look at this support site article.

If the suggestions provided there don't do the trick, make sure to let us know by starting a new thread in the related Help Board and we'll be happy lend a hand there.

Have a lovely day 🙂

KaterinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself! 

Suggested posts