Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Why No songs category anymore?

Solved!

Why No songs category anymore?

• None of the below information is required. However, the more you provide the easier it will be for us to try and help.

Plan

Free/Premium

Country

Device

(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)

Operating System

(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)

My Question or Issue

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @Pupa66 and welcome to the Community.

Hope you're doing great!

Spotify recently pushed an update to the Spotify users which changes the Your Library UI and the way it works. Check this Spotify Answer to learn more about the changes to Your Library.

They're always testing and launching improvements and new features. However, if you don't like the new look, please head over to this idea and add your +VOTE. You can always add your own input in the comments there as well 🙂

If you'd like more info on how the Ideas Exchange works, check more here.

Hope it helps 🙂

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

Hi Rich, 

As far as I'm aware, yes, "Liked Songs" should be mostly the same as what "Songs" was before. BUT! So you're aware, toggling "Download" on an album or whatever will no longer save the album to your Liked Songs list! So you can now have stuff downloaded on your phone without having them in your library (really weird decision by Spotify in my opinion). Instead, go to ... at the upper right corner and select "save all songs." This will add them to your liked songs. Do the same process to unsave the album. 

Hope this helps!

View solution in original post

10 Replies

Hi,

"Songs" has been renamed to "Liked Songs." Find it at the top of your playlists tab. 

Thanks for the reply 🙏

Is the new songs category “liked songs” still a master list of my saved and downloaded songs, so that I may shuffle/
play all of the songs in my downloaded songs library whilst off line?

Greatly appreciated

Rich
Marked as solution

Hey @Pupa66 and welcome to the Community.

Hope you're doing great!

Spotify recently pushed an update to the Spotify users which changes the Your Library UI and the way it works. Check this Spotify Answer to learn more about the changes to Your Library.

They're always testing and launching improvements and new features. However, if you don't like the new look, please head over to this idea and add your +VOTE. You can always add your own input in the comments there as well 🙂

If you'd like more info on how the Ideas Exchange works, check more here.

Hope it helps 🙂

Marked as solution

Hi Rich, 

As far as I'm aware, yes, "Liked Songs" should be mostly the same as what "Songs" was before. BUT! So you're aware, toggling "Download" on an album or whatever will no longer save the album to your Liked Songs list! So you can now have stuff downloaded on your phone without having them in your library (really weird decision by Spotify in my opinion). Instead, go to ... at the upper right corner and select "save all songs." This will add them to your liked songs. Do the same process to unsave the album. 

Hope this helps!

Does anyone know if there is a way to unlike a large number of songs in the "Liked Songs" playlist?  I have a few hundred songs I'd like to remove from my Liked Songs Playlist but I don't know how to "unheart" a bunch of songs without doing it individually.  Thank you!

Hello, 

I don't believe there is a way to do this in the mobile app. But, depending on how you're unliking songs, there might be a faster way. If you're going to ... and tapping unlike, instead you can swipe right on a song and it'll unlike it.

That being said, I would recommend using the desktop app to unlike large batches of  songs. There are two ways to do this (that I know of). If you have a large batch of songs that is consecutive in your songs playlist, click the first song in the batch you  want to unlike, and shift+click the last song in the batch. Then right-click somewhere in the batch (or ctrl-click on a Mac) and select "Remove From Your Library." 

If the songs are unconsecutive in your library, instead of shift-click, ctrl-click (cmd-click on Mac) each song you wish to delete, and then right-click to remove from your library.

Hope this helps! 

Hi, and thank you very much for taking the time to answer my question. I
might have to do your first suggestion within the mobile app, but it would
have been nice to do it from the desktop app. It seems like your
suggestion on the desktop app is a great one for removing large batches of
songs from my library, but I still want to keep the songs in my library. I
just want to "unlike" them so they don't appear in the Spotify-forced
playlist on the mobile app called "Liked Songs."
I do not see "Liked Songs" in the list of playlists on the desktop app. I
do see "Liked from Radio" but I am not sure this is the same playlist as
"Liked Songs" on the mobile app...do you know?
Ultimately what I'm trying to do is start from scratch now that I see what
could be a good feature called "Liked Songs" and start liking songs in my
library to build up the fresh list. For some reason there are hundreds of
songs in this new mobile app playlist that I either did not like, or don't
remember liking, and i wanted to "wipe it out" and start from zero liking
songs to build my list up so that I can Shuffle Play in that Liked Songs
playlist.
I used to be able to accomplish a full song list shuffle with a hack by
clicking "shuffle play" in my list of Songs in the mobile app and if I
didn't like the song I would just hit ">>" and skip to the next song., But
Spotify has removed that Songs list (unless I don't know where to find it)
so I think I'm forced to do a pretty manual thing of un-liking hundreds of
songs. Does that sound correct to you, to accomplish what I need to do?
Again, thank you so much for your help.

Hello,

The Songs tab on desktop should be the same as Liked Songs on mobile. So "Liked Songs" is what Songs used to be, it's just been renamed. That's odd that there are songs that you haven't liked there, maybe it's possible you added them a long time ago and forgot about them? Anyways, you should still be able to Shuffle Play your Liked Songs playlist on mobile, it should behave in the manner you are used to. If I'm understanding correctly and you truly want to start from scratch, I would suggest going to the desktop app, and create a new playlist from all of your songs in Songs before unliking everything, so that you don't completely lose all of that music in case you want to go back at some point. Let me know if this answers your questions, I hope it helps. 

Great suggestion thank you!

Happy to help! 

Suggested posts