Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Why doesn’t my Apple Watch appear in the device list?

Why doesn’t my Apple Watch appear in the device list?

I have the newest SE watch. I have spotify downloaded on both my phone and watch and up to date. I also have spotify premium and should have the ability to stream online without having to download anything to my watch. However under my device list both on my phone and watch, the watch doesn’t appear for me despite having Bluetooth buds paired to the watch as well as both being connected to the same network Wi-Fi/cellular. Any ideas?
9 Replies

Hey there,

Thank you for reaching out here in the Community.

We'd suggest that you try log out > restart your phone > log back in to see if the same behavior will continue. It'd also be a good idea to restart your watch in order to give the app fresh start as well.

If that doesn't do it for you, we'll need to know your devices models, OS versions and the exact Spotify version you're currently running. Screenshots of what you see when you try using your Apple Watch will be very helpful to our investigation as well.

We'll be on the lookout for your reply. 

LyubkaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Hi there, 

Since today I have the same problem. The watch does not appear as a device to play Spotify from, in the Spotify app in the watch. Only the phone is showing. This has worked perfectly before. I got my new phone this week, the paring with the watch has gone fine. The watch has a esim and I have Spotify Premium.
I have a iPhone 14 Pro Max, iOS 16.2

Spotify version 8.8.1.397

Apple Watch modelnr MKJ03KS/a, 9.2 (20S361)

Hey there @frauzika

Thanks for getting in touch about this here in the Community. 

Could you let us know which troubleshooting steps you've already tried? That way we can avoid repeating any steps.

Also, make sure to follow the steps @Lyubka sent previously. 

Lastly, we suggest that you check if the OS of your phone and watch has any pending updates. 

We'll be on the lookout. 

EniModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Hi,

Everything is updated. I have reinstalled both the phone and the watch, as well as spotify on both devisen. I have reverse engineered the phones new esim to the fysical sim card, since my collegues with esim on both phone and watch had the same problem. 

I guess that reinstalling the devices from my icloud copys makes all the settings to be the same, which might be dishelpful if there is a setting issue. 

I have not tried my old phone again, since I had no problems on it. If I reinstall it from my icloud copy and have the same problem I guess…that will say something. Not sure what though 😂

Hey @frauzika,

Thanks for getting back to us and apologies for the delayed response. Could you let us know if you’re still having troubles with this?

In case you have,  we'd suggest resetting network settings on your new iPhone as connectivity issues can often be the cause for Spotify app to act up. In order to do that follow the steps below:
Tap Settings > Select General > Scroll down to Transfer or Reset iPhone (for iOS 15 and later) > Select Reset > Reset network settings. By selecting that option you are making sure that all your current network settings and configurations are deleted while the default network values and options are restored. After the reset is finish reconnect to your Wi-Fi network and you'll be back online. Keep in mind that you'll need to reboot your Apple Watch after resetting those settings.

On another note, you mentioned you haven't tried your old phone. Would you be able try reproducing the issue on another device? This will get us a better understanding if this is device related.

We'll be on the lookout for your update.

LyubkaModerator

Hi there,

I have donne all of the above. I finally realised that it was not only Spotify that was affected but everything that had to do with the watch lacking an internet connection, although things looked fine. Leaps of very few kb internet slipped throgh two times.  

I got in contact with both my subscription provider and apple support. I got a new esim for the watch and a new fysical esim.

The apple guys did not find anything wrong, they took a close look at everything via screen sharing.

I reinstalled the watch and phone endless of times. From scratch, from iCloud, several of times. I reinstalled my old phone (13). Did not work; the watch was still not on its own internet/esim usage though things looked fine.

I had given up but I once again installed both watch and phone from scratch, no difference, at least wanted my old settings back, installed from a iCloud copy and then - restarting the watch yet another time - it worked again.

So my guess is I got some kind of bad version of the iOS. Got lucky and got a better version (same "head version" but maybe another sub version or what it is called in English, that does not show in the numbers). 

I am waiting for things to break again, with updates coming....

SO - not Spotifys fault but apples fault!

Hi there @frauzika

Thanks for getting back to us and letting us know. 

We're glad to know that now it's working as expected. If you ever need a hand with anything else, we're happy to help. 

Have a nice day 🙂

EniModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

I have the same issue here. iPhone 13 Pro Max and Apple Watch SE 2022. Have logged out of Spotify turned the phone and watch off and on again then logged back in. Both devices are connected to the same Wi-Fi but still no Apple Watch showing in device list on Spotify? Siri is working fine on Apple Watch which suggests the internet connection is working. Any help would be greatly appreciated 

Hey @jsd_mcr 

Thank you for your reply in this thread.

We'd recommend that you check out this FAQ for further troubleshooting steps you could try to solve this.

Hope this helps. If you have any questions or need anything else, the Community is here for you.

LyubkaModerator

Suggested posts