Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Why the Iphone App sucks big time regarding playlists and favorites!

Why the Iphone App sucks big time regarding playlists and favorites!

Besides all the other known problems regarding stops during track-changes and missing buffer clearing i think that the whole playlist and starring-concept is totally screwed up as it is now.

First of all you can not star artists, then all starred items like albums or single tracks are put into a single long list! What sense does it make if i star a good track but then have to search for it inside a long confusing list?

Simfy for example gives you different categories. You can star artists, single tracks, whole albums and even playlists. The fine thing is that if you star an artists, you will find him under "artists" not in a mixed up long list.

Another effort should be put into playlist-management. Now you cannot resort whole playlists, nor you can rename them etc. Meanwhile i have dozens of different playlists because i cannot star my favorite artists, i have to make playlists out of them in order to quickly find them. A big welcome could also be some kind of playlist-folder or playlist-grouping, the same way as itunes handles this.

This way i could create some atop-folder with "pop" for example and put my corresponding playlists there. another folder with "jazz" would contain my jazz-stuff etc.

Another big wish would be a button for quick removal of single items from a playlist during playback. I don't care less about sending a track to a friend, than of being able to delete it quickly from a playlist. Please add this feature, as i think it is quite important!

Instead i could try starring all the tracks i like instead of deleting the ones i hate, but then all starred tracks will land inside the long list (see above).

I am not sure how the standalone windows software manages this as i don't even have it installed, because i listen to all my music from iphone. But the iphone app is more than a pain in the ... to use if you really want to take it seriously. 

I hope some of this can be corrected!

Thanks, O.

7 Replies

This is the reason I switched to Rhapsody.  I only listen to music on my iPhone and don't want to organize music on my desktop.

Rhapsody is so simple.  You like a song, it will automatically organize it by artist and album...no typing, no nothing.  I can easliy find songs by artist.

With Spotify, you'll risk your life looking through long lists of songs in a playlist while driving.  

Oraginzation of music is key to On Demand.  I am really surpised that this app gets so many five start ratings.  It's awful.  

I stopped the service about nine months ago after inquiring about any expected changes.  There were none planned according to their rep.  I downloaded it again now and it still sucks.

Unfortunately Rhapsody as well as most other streaming services are not available in my country.

So far i have tested Spotify, Simfy and Juke and all of them had flaws. Spotify was best regarding music range and quality of audio, but many other things are screwed up instead.

I really hope that once Apple comes with their own streaming-service, based on their entire music library which is so much larger then that from Spotify. If Apple does it, it probably will work, no clearcache-problems etc.

Hello.

Sadly starring Artists, Playlists, etc is not possible in Spotify at the moment. However, users have suggested this in the past - You can add Kudos to the idea right here - http://community.spotify.com/t5/Spotify-Ideas/Starring-of-Artists-Albums-and-Playlists/idi-p/44237

However, Playlist Folders is something we have. In your desktop version of Spotify, click on "File > New Playlist Folder", and then you can drag playlists into that. These work in the iOS version of Spotify, so it makes things a little neater for you. You can read more about them right here - http://www.spotify.com/blog/archives/2010/08/24/playlist-folders/
Airhorn Enthusiast

thanks for the reply, i will Kudos the idea of daaniel as it describes exactly the problem i am facing.

Also thanks for the tipp with playlist folder, but unfortuantely i hardly use any desktop computer anymore if not for work.

It would be nice to have this feature also in the Ipad-App.

best regards, Olaf

Almost every app on IOS lets you reorder a list by dragging.  I can't figure out how to move one list from the bottom to the top.  I can't sort.  Is this going to be fixed or am I totally missing something?  Thanks. 

Has anyone finally please figured out how to move/drag playlists up and down on the ipad/iphone just like you can do on a PC?

@Jrperser wrote:

Almost every app on IOS lets you reorder a list by dragging.  I can't figure out how to move one list from the bottom to the top.  I can't sort.  Is this going to be fixed or am I totally missing something?  Thanks. 

Spotify on iOS is just atrocious .
You can only listen to shuffle play, you have limited skips, and almost everything is supposedly a premium feature

Suggested posts