Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Will not sync!

Solved!

Will not sync!

A while ago I had purchased an album off of iTunes due to it not being on Spotify at the time, I had synced but the files were weird becuase it was iTunes. They wouldn't even play on my computer. Recently, the album (Rascal Flatts: Rewind if it makes any difference) has been put on Spotify so I simply added the album to a new playlist, downloaded that playlist and unlinked the tracks and everthing was just fine on my computer. However, on my iPhone, two of the tracks fully downloaded (they were able to play full quality and it was able to play the next song) but the rest did not. I have tried everything from deleting the songs off of my iPhone from iTunes to redownloading the playlist and songs individually on Spotify. Nothing works. Please help as I am very picky with my music and would like this resolved as soon as possible. 

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

I had done that on my computer previously and had worked just on my computer. However, I recently deleted the spotify app, re-downloaded it and re-synced everything and that seemed to work. Pain in the ass, but still worked. Thanks for your help.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Are you able to unsync and resync the local files, and also make sure they are in MP3?
Meet Jeremy! | Day Entrepreneur, Night, Music Fanatic
I'm here to shuffle!

• Write what matters in your heart to others, you never know whether you have another chance again.

What it is is that the filss are linked as local files. I am trying to re-download them as the Spotify file. They don't have the little green arrow that signifies that. If they played normally, it would be a big deal but most of the time, the next song will not play. It will say it is, but there is no sound. I can resolve that by clicking the skip back button but as I plug my speaker in a lot and listen from a distance, it's very inconvenient to have to get up and go fix it. As far as what file format, they were originally linked as an .m4a file. I apologise if this is difficult to understand. It;s hard for me to explain it. I'm not super tech savvy. Thank you for your help though. 

Have you tried unlinking the files?
Meet Jeremy! | Day Entrepreneur, Night, Music Fanatic
I'm here to shuffle!

• Write what matters in your heart to others, you never know whether you have another chance again.

Marked as solution

I had done that on my computer previously and had worked just on my computer. However, I recently deleted the spotify app, re-downloaded it and re-synced everything and that seemed to work. Pain in the ass, but still worked. Thanks for your help.

Suggested posts