Plan

Family Premium

Country

USA

Device

iPhone 14 Pro

Operating System

iOS 16.1

Issue: every single time i minimize the app to do other things on my phone and go back to the app i get the message (see attached) it's driving me nuts i've cleared cache, did a clean reinstall of the app, logged out of other devices. not sure what to do. send help.

80 Replies

I’ve read through all the replies because I’m also facing this problem. Similar to some others, this problem only occurred after I switched from premium to family premium. I’ve done the clean reinstall of Spotify on my phone. I tried with both cellular and Wi-Fi. Still no solution.

I’ve provided with a video below as to how it looks from my perspective 

Model and OS: iPhone 13 Pro iOS 16.0
Spotify version: 8.7.94.551

Hey @oomer,

Thanks for the reply and the provided recording. It seems it is not the one we were looking for. Could you post the other one?

Your iOS version seems to not be the most up to date one. Could you update it and see if this brings any change?

Keep us posted,

Cheers!

DianModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

sry about that I must’ve gotten the files mixed up 😬 I’ve updated iOS to the latest version now but I still get the same error msg.

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the screen recording @oomer!

Our tech folks are aware of this behavior and are currently working on a fix. We'll keep you posted here when we have new info to share, so stay tuned!

In the meantime, make sure to always keep the Spotify app up to date.

Cheers!

YordanModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I’m also facing this problem, it started when I switched to the family plan like it did for everyone else, thanks for acknowledging the issue!

Phone model and OS version: iPhone 12, IOS 16.1

Spotify Version: 8.7.92.521

Hello! I’m also having the same problem. I just joined a family premium and it started to do that loading screen also every time I open the app. I had just regular premium before and it never did that. I tried uninstalling, trying no network, with/without data, and the only time it kinda works is when I’m using a different wifi but I really want to use it at home but it just keeps showing up.

Hey!

Im on an iPhone 14 pro max on iOS 16.2 and running into this issue as well! I have tried a clean install and clearing the cache to no avail. Is there any timeline on this fix or anything else I should do?

I have also been having this issue ever since I joined my dad’s family account when he shared the link to join the family account.

Hi there folks,

Thank you for your info. 

We've shared this with our tech teams who are now investigating why this is still happening to some of you. 

We'll keep you up to date with any news here.

AlexModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Same! I’m thinking it may be an issue with family plan, as I was not having this issue until a few days ago.

(for the mods:

Make/model: iphone 13 pro

version of Spotify: 8.8.2.511

plan: family plan.

This issue has only just occurred after months of using Spotify premium, when I switched to Family Plan yesterday.

8DE3619A-A57F-4264-9A7D-9CFA43AA3387.png
9C09701E-0DE2-4D56-A7E8-BC4510CC963A.png

Having the exact same problem and also since i joined a family plan

BBCECB89-9785-42A6-B763-D7F20C6B0491.png

Hello Alex,

I would like to add this problem has happened to me after switching from Individual Premium to Family. The problem has not gone away on its own. I have already troubleshooted by deleting the app, full deleting, deleting cache, etc. This is the app’s problem, not user error.

I am having this problem since yesterday after joining a Spotify Premium Family Plan. iPhone 14 Pro Max on latest IOS update. Very frustrating.

I have the same issue, tried all the steps and the same thing keeps happening. This is making the experience horrible and I’d appreciate other troubleshooting steps I can try 

7016B5FC-FA71-486A-A676-17F6008BC94D.png

Hi everyone! I was having the same issue when recently switched to Spotify Duo from just individual premium. I felt your frustration! I just tried today and no longer having the redirecting issue! Anyone else? I really didn’t do anything new, problem went away on its own! 

I am also having the same problem. I switched from student premium to family premium. I tried all the things stated by others. Nothing works.

i have the same problem... it start happening after i join DUO.. its so annoying to see "You're being directed" everytime i open the app.. hope they fix this issue soon.

I am this same issue, it started a couple days after joining the family plan. Are there any updates on the issue or how to resolve it?

I am also facing the same issue. I see that moderators have passed this issue to the tech team but haven't replied to this topic since 25th of January.

iPhone 13 Pro - iOS 16.3.1

Spotify - 8.8.12.472

Family plan

I’m having the same problem since switching to family plan and it’s really annoying

Suggested posts