behind the lyrics doesn't work

behind the lyrics doesn't work

tylnoztkn
Casual Listener
I using the latest version of the app and ios but my app doesn't display genius. I have tested this with songs that I am 100% sure have the feature so that's not the issue.
33 Replies

Re: behind the lyrics doesn't work

Spotify
Spotify

Hi @tylnoztkn

Thanks for getting in touch with our Community. 

Have you tried the following steps? In the meantime, we'd recommend reinstalling the app to see if that helps.

Let us know how it goes :)

tylnoztkn
Casual Listener
Reinstalling worked in case anyone else is interested.

Mishalu
Casual Listener

I have the same problem. I just looked at your link and it didn't help at all. 

Mishalu
Casual Listener

Thanks! Ill try that. 

VioletaSpotify
Regular
I've the latest version but an old samsung galaxy and only saw the black box in one Rolling Stone song but couldn't find more songs with info. Btw, I wasn't able to read the song info, tapping/ clicking the black box didn't work.

Tommetje
Casual Listener
Just tried reinstalling but it didn't fix it for me. Still no Behind the lyric. I tried multiple songs in the Behind The Lyrics: Hip Hop playlist. I'm on android and am a premium user. If anyone knows a fix, let me know!

Spotify
Spotify

Thanks for that info @VioletaSpotify

Can you send us your Android and Spotify version? Also, did you get any error messages when trying to get Lyrics to open?

We'll see what we can suggest.

Spotify
Spotify

Hi @Tommetje

Keep in mind not all songs have Behind the Lyrics, so it's possible you're choosing songs that don't have their lyrics available. Also, there a chance you won't find the whole song's lyrics, but you'll find more info about the song. 

Have you tried playing different songs in order to see if it works? 

Tommetje
Casual Listener

Hi Mara_F ,

I have tried many different songs of many different genres.

Even the one's in the behind the lyrics playlist don't even give me Behind the lyrics.

I'm not getting any information about songs or artist.

There is no black box 'peaking' over the album cover, maybe it is displayed elsewhere but I haven't been able to find it.

SUGGESTED POSTS