Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

beta test

beta test

I have been in the beta program for quite a time. But now I am kicked out because Spotify seems to have ended my beta test.

Why?

And what annoyed me even more is that I had to uninstall Spotify Beta, install Spotify from the store, and need to download thousands of offline Songs in Highest quality. This is not funny.

I hope I did something wrong, cause this is a real bad customer experience...

5 Replies

Hey @deehbeeh,

Thanks for reaching out to the Community.

We're sorry to hear you're having issues with the Beta Tester program. We recommend that you have a look at this Spotify Answer. There you will find instructions on how signing up and exiting the problem works, as well as how to report an issue to the relevant team in charge.

Keep us posted! We'll be happy to lend a hand if you need more help. 

Mihail Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Thanks for your reply Mihail. I'm sorry but I know how to apply for the beta program since I have been part of the program for quite a while. What bothers me is that I'm kicked out without knowing why, and have to install a 'normal' version of Spotify, and loosing all my offline storage. Unfortunately not the first time that I experience serious issues with Spotify software. I don't know how to express myself in a positive was, but I can't name any major software that causes me as much troubles... 😞

Hey there @deehbeeh,

Thanks for getting back in touch. 

We understand where you're coming from. 

At the moment, we can't confirm why you were removed from the Beta group. However, we'll make sure to pass your feedback about this to the right team. 

If you're still interested in being a Beta tester, we suggest that you take a look at the Spotify Answer @Mihail sent previously. 

If you need anything else, just let us know 🙂

EniModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

I'd like to chime in with some information I think will be helpful.

The Spotify Beta notes say that if you are not frequently updating to the latest iOS Spotify Alpha or Spotify Beta version then you can be removed from the program to free up space to new users.

Recently Apple updated the TestFlight app with an option to turn on automatic updates. If you go into Spotify in the TestFlight app and tap on more details, there should be a switch to turn on automatic updates. I suggest to turn this on so for sure you won't be removed from the Spotify Beta in the future. You can read more about this here:

https://www.macrumors.com/2020/11/11/testflight-app-automatic-update/

Also I would like to mention a tip that will help in the future. Next time a developer removes you from a beta app or you want to stop testing a beta app, there is no need to delete the app and then reinstall the regular version from the app store. Most of the time you can just go straight to the app store and download the regular version and it will download it right over the beta version but keep the files from the beta version. I've done this before with the Spotify app and have switched between the regular version and beta version without losing my downloaded files. If an app has done major upgrades to the file system this may not work, but since Spotify rarely makes huge file system updates, this should work.

MattSudaSpotify Star
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Bonsoir, j'ai eu le même problème que vous et Bonsoir, j'ai moi aussi fais partie du support Spotify pendant 4 ans, avant de le quitter á mon insu car mon iPhone avait laché.

Après avoir chercher pendant 2 ans j'ai fini par lâcher l'affaire, puis j'ai trouver leur support sur Twitter par lequel je leur ai  exposé ma situation j'ai écris á @SpotifyCares sur 5witter en leur exposant ma situation et c'est á présent résolu.

Suggested posts