Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

can i play one song

can i play one song

I just downloaded the app and have a few questions -

How do I play just one song when searching for music?

When I have an album in the Albums section, how do I add it, or just certain songs, to my playlist?  And if I have an album in my playlist, how do I move it to Albums?

Thank you.

6 Replies

p.s.  When I have an album saved to Albums, how do I play just one song from it?

Hi @edicus - from the main menu (keep swipingleft to right if you';re not there, and if you're on the now playing screen, press the X in the top right firs), sust select search and type in the name if the song.  it will most likelty b e the "Top Result", but if the top result is a band, for example"Pink" and you're looking for a song called pink, just scroll down to the "Tracks" sectrion, and if it's not in the immediate list, tap "See all Tracks".

To addss songs to a playlist (in album view or elsewhere) touch the "..." to bring up a menu screen, and there will be an "Add to Playlist" option. From threre you can add it to an existing playlist or creatge a new playlist. When it's next to a song, you can add just the song.  When the "..." is on the album, you can add the whole album to a playlist. To get save an album that's in a playlist, I'd just search for the album and the go to the "..." and predss SDave, that will sdave it to your music.  Otherwize you would have to save each song from your platylist individually, so it's a bit more effort.

What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?

@robzim737 wrote:

Hi @edicus - from the main menu (keep swiping left to right if you're not there, and if you're on the Now Playing screen, press the" X" in the top right first).  Just select "search" and type in the name if the song.  it will most likelty be the "Top Result", but if the top result is a band- for example "Pink" and you're looking for a song called pink, just scroll down to the "Tracks" section, and if it's not in that immediate list, tap "See all Tracks".

To add songs to a playlist (in album view or elsewhere) touch the "..." to bring up a menu screen, and there will be an "Add to Playlist" option. From threre you can add it to an existing playlist or create a new playlist. When it's next to a song, you can add just the song to a playlist.  When the "..." is on the album, you can add the whole album to a playlist. To save an album that's in a playlist, I'd just search for the album and the go to the "..." and press Save- that will save the album  to Your Music.  Otherwize, you would have to save each song from your platylist individually, so it would take a bit more effort.

And to play one song from an album, just touch it to play, but it will keep playing the rest of the album from that point. But you could press repeat (bottom right of the Now Playing screen) twice, so it's green with a "1" in the middle to play that song over and over.

Sorry for the double post- I meant to clean up the original, not post a second time.

Thank you - got how to add songs to playlists.  Still can't figure out how to play one song when I'm in the Album section - I see the list of songs on an album but when I touch it, nothing happens.  The only thing I can do is press "shuffle play".

I typed in "perfect strangers" in search and could not find the song, just the album.

I'm using the free version - maybe that's why and these features are only on the premium version?

I'm so sorry- I should have asked you about your account level from the beginning- my bad. I was describing the "premium" level features.  You can only play in shuffle mode on the free and unlimited versions on mobile, and would need to subscribe to the "Premium" level to get the full feature set available.  That's why you are unable to play a specific song "on demand".

If you, however, like to play a song on demand - you can always use Spotify on a Desktop - that is Windows , Mac or Linux.
Meet Jeremy! | Day Entrepreneur, Night, Music Fanatic
I'm here to shuffle!

• Write what matters in your heart to others, you never know whether you have another chance again.

Suggested posts