Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

can't disable autoplay

can't disable autoplay

Plan

Free

Device

iPhone 11

My Question or Issue

I've disabled Autoplay on all devices at least ten times now. And Spotify keeps playing suggested tracks regardless. It's infuriating and pushing me to stop using the app.

3 Replies

Hi @sebastyams! Thanks for reaching out to the Community, and welcome! 🙂

We'd suggest that you try logging out and then logging back in twice. We know this sounds odd, but it's how the app forces a cache refresh.

If this doesn't do the trick, you can try a clean reinstall, since this can be helpful to get rid of any cache that might be causing trouble. You can read more about this here.

I'll be on the lookout for your reply.

/Mateus

MateusMSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hey @sebastyams,

Thanks for posting on the Community and welcome.

Just jumping here to make a little clarification 🙂 Our free experience on mobile is different; the app adds suggested tracks within the same album/playlist. This is not the same as Autoplay. You can read more about it here. Keep in mind, these recommendations are going to appear, even if you disable Autoplay.

You can also follow the steps kindly provided by @MateusM to make sure everything is in order and working accordingly.

Hope this clears things up. If you have any questions or need a hand with anything else, we're always a post away.

AlejaRModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

So what your saying is that Auto play can't be turned off properly - this is consistent with my experience (I'm a fully paid up Family account member, btw, not free). Albums I might have played one track off keep getting pushed at me at the end of the album I'm listening to - its very poor, mostly because the mood and style is a direct clash with the previous program.

You are irritating your customers! Stop it! I'll select what I want to listen to thanks..

Suggested posts