Plan

Premium

Country Costa Rica

Device

(iPhone 7 plus)

Operating System

(iOS 13)

My Question or Issue

Recently I've been using spotify in  Apple Carplay. There, I could access any playlist and review the songs in that playlist and also choose whatever song I wanted. Now, it is not possible to do that, instead, when I select a playlist, it automatically starts playing the first song in it and there's not a way to access the songs in that playlist in order to select the one I want to listen.

8 Replies

I too am having this issue. A couple months ago when the CarPlay update happened I was all of a sudden finally able to select specific tracks from an album in CarPlay then shortly after those features went away and it’s back to auto playing the album or playlist as soon as you select it. 

Hi! I’m still having the problem. Did you fiund a solution?

No, that functionality never came back for me. Hoping they will update it
soon.

I just updated it and have the same issue like what’s the point of this update it forces you to play shuffle and give you want to select a song you have to access ur phone ? I don’t get it, this more of a downgrade

Hey everyone,

Thanks for searching for the answer you need here!    

We hope you don’t mind us replying now as we just stumbled upon this thread. Such issues like the ones you're experiencing are usually resolved by performing a clean reinstall of the Spotify app on their iOS device using these steps. This way if faulty installation files are the cause for the issue, they get removed. Be sure to also restart your device, it's a simple, but highly effective step.

If that doesn't fix things, could you log in to a friend or family members account and see if you can replicate the issue?

Hope this helps. Let us know how you get on.

Mihail Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hi 

I also have this problem, why isnt it possible to select a specific song from a playlist? I want  to see the complete playlist and scroll through it to select a song I want to hear?? 

now it starts playing the first song? Very annoying in my opinion...

hope spotify fixes this soon!

reg,

Danny

Hi there @bruinend,

Thanks for the info.

Could you send us a short video of how the interface looks from your end. You can add it as an attachment to your next post. 

This will help us with the troubleshooting.

Thanks.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

This is a useless reply and does not help. Everyone has the same problem. It is impossible to edit the playlist while in CarPlay mode. Terrible user experience

Suggested posts