Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

chromecast audio groups confusion

chromecast audio groups confusion

Hello,

Running iOS 11.3.1 and recently reinstalled Spotify to try to resolve this with no luck.

Until recently I would see all my chromecast audio devices listed, as well as a couple groups I had created, whenever I tried to cast using spotify connect with my phone.

Now, I don't see all individual Chromecast audios, but I still see all groups.

For example, I have a chromecast audio called kitchen, which is also part of a group called whole house. I see the group, but not the individual chromecast.

If I select whole house, it still casts to the entire group, including kitchen. I can see other individual chromecasts that are part of this group.

If I delete all groups, suddenly I see all chromecasts again. It's like spotify is confused  when distinguishing bewtween groups and individual chromecast audios.

If I go to Google home, Pandora, SoundCloud, Tunein radio, or Mixcloud, they all see each group and each individual chromecast just fine.

22 Replies

Same deal. Don't expect to hear a thing from Spotify staff/moderators on this topic... it's in the 'Too Hard' basket! 

@AussieRo wrote:

Don't expect to hear a thing from Spotify staff/moderators on this topic... it's in the 'Too Hard' basket! 

oh ye of little faith! They fixed it, as documented on this related thread:

https://community.spotify.com/t5/iOS-iPhone-iPad/Bug-IOS-Chromecast-device-list-truncated/m-p/455115...

Just make sure you've got Spotify version 8.4.67. You may need to manaully update it in the app store.

The new version did not solve it on my Google homes sadly.

Suggested posts