Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

crashes when opened on iphone

Solved!

crashes when opened on iphone

I am having an issue when trying to use spotify on my iphone. it will only show the loading screen. i uninstalled and reinstalled. when i log in it will work for about 15 seconds, i am able to start scrolling playlists. then it will freeze. i have unistalled and reinstalled multiple times. i've restarted my phone multiple times too.

the issue has occured while on my phone data and while on wifi.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @loki315

Welcome to the Spotify Community!

What exact version of iOS and Spotify app are you using? Also, is it possible for you to try logging into the app with another Spotify account to see if it has the same problem? Can you try on another iOS device with your account and the Spotify app to see if it works? Let me know if you can't. Trying to see if it's a problem with the phone or an account problem.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey @loki315

Welcome to the Spotify Community!

What exact version of iOS and Spotify app are you using? Also, is it possible for you to try logging into the app with another Spotify account to see if it has the same problem? Can you try on another iOS device with your account and the Spotify app to see if it works? Let me know if you can't. Trying to see if it's a problem with the phone or an account problem.

MattSudaSpotify Star

iOS is 9.3.1

spotifiy is lastest version

i uninstalled and reinstalled and i created a new account it seems to be working propperly now, so i logged out and logged in again on my normal paid account it is now working.

i also deleted a very large playlist from my account that i had imported from my comupter. it had 25,000+ songs many of which were not on spotifiy. Whenever i tried playing music from that list the player would lag. 

whatever caused the issue, spotify is now working again.

@loki315

Glad to hear it is working now.

It could have been the playlist. I know a few people in the past have had crash issues with certain playlists. It's a rare issue.

If you have trouble again, post back and I'll do my best to help out. 

MattSudaSpotify Star

Suggested posts