Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Downloading music on Apple Watch

Hey folks!Here's a few tips & tricks to share about downloading music from Spotify on your Apple Watch! - If you're looking to get started, check this out! Not seeing the 'Download to Apple Watch'-button yet? Make sure your Spotify app is up-to-date ...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • Ver
  • 123 replies
  • 31 likes
  • 123 replies
  • 31 likes

New Your Library view

Spotify has introduced a new version of Your Library to mobile users of the iOS and Android apps. Come on over to the main Community thread to get an overview of what's new and share your feedback: New Your Library view (iOS & Android)

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • 0 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 4 likes

Solved!! I have a different interface compared to my friends

Plan Premium Country Hong Kong Device iPhone XS Operating System iOS 13.1.3 My Question or Issue I have just start using Spotify and I realise my interface in artists is different from those of my friends. My friends have the number of liked songs un...

• n0hero
  • Casual Listener
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

iPhone won't recognize my premium account

Hey there, I just purchased spotify premium, but on my iPhone and iPad it still says that I have a free account. I'm logging in the same way I do on my computer and the same account information appears (in terms of picture and recently listed to) but...

• Hey there,   I just purchased spotify premium, but on my iPhone and iPad it still says that I have a free account. I'm logging in the same way I do on my computer and the same account informat...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Local files on iPhone been disappear

Not first time, but sometime all Local files been disappear suddenly,and the "available offline" button doesn't make my songs back.I need to delete the app and reinstall again.please help!

• Regular
  • Not first time, but sometime all Local files been disappear suddenly, and the "available offline" button doesn't make my songs back. I need to delete the app and reinstall again. please help!
  • hari_78_99
  • Casual Listener
  • 9 replies
  • 1 likes
  • available offline
    dissppear
    local files on iphone
    suddenly
  • 9 replies
  • 1 likes

Can no longer save albums to "Your Music"

For the past few days, whenever I save an album to My Music, it disappears shortly thereafter, whether it's on my iPhone, iPad, or Mac. Usually once I close and re-open the app, it's gone. Is anybody else having this issue? What gives?

• For the past few days, whenever I save an album to My Music, it disappears shortly thereafter, whether it's on my iPhone, iPad, or Mac.  Usually once I close and re-open the app, it's gone. &nbs...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Premium not working on app?

I signed up for the thirty day trial on my iphone. I have deleted and reinstalled the app and everything but it still tells me i have a free subscription. Please help!

• I signed up for the thirty day trial on my iphone. I have deleted and reinstalled the app and everything but it still tells me i have a free subscription. Please help!
  • ErickRGuetta
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Problema al conectar a facebook

Estimados, tengo el siguiente problema: Comenze utilizando Spotify gratis desde facebook. Luego me dieron una cuenta nueva que es premium (Que no tiene ninguna relacion con alguna cuenta de Facebook). Por lo que quiero conectar mi cuenta premium a mi...

• Not applicable
  • Estimados, tengo el siguiente problema:   Comenze utilizando Spotify gratis desde facebook. Luego me dieron una cuenta nueva que es premium (Que no tiene ninguna relacion con alguna cuenta de ...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! New Apple ID

I currently have a Spotify account on my iPhone, it is linked with my Facebook and being payed for via my Apple ID. I'm going to set up a new Apple ID, but I would like my music and information to transfer. Is there anyway I can do this without all o...

• I currently have a Spotify account on my iPhone, it is linked with my Facebook and being payed for via my Apple ID. I'm going to set up a new Apple ID, but I would like my music and information to tr...
  • lisamck
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Unsync of local files on updates

The last few times I've updated the app (including 2.6), some of my local tracks are unsyncing from my iPhone. This includes all songs with a Japanese title, but also some others:

localUnsync.PNG
  • Music Fan
  • The last few times I've updated the app (including 2.6), some of my local tracks are unsyncing from my iPhone. This includes all songs with a Japanese title, but also some others:    
  • grumpa
  • Music Fan
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

can't play any song at all from my iphone5s

I can't play any songs from my iphone5s since the former two updated and I have tried all i could, for example, re-stall, updated to the latest version and re-start my phone.

• I can't play any songs from my iphone5s since the former two updated and I have tried all i could, for example, re-stall, updated to the latest version and re-start my phone.
  • OviiiOne
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Losing Offline Music

I have been consistently losing my music set for OFFLINE mode. Only thing i can do is reselect the music for offline. Does anyone know why this happens? Is this happeneing to anyone else? Bug?If I have albums set on my iphone set for offline, but the...

• Casual Listener
  • I have been consistently losing my music set for OFFLINE mode.  Only thing i can do is reselect the music for offline.   Does anyone know why this happens?  Is this happeneing to any...
  • evan631
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Cancel a track from playlist in more immediate mode.

I would like to propose to facilitate a possibility to erase a track previously added to a playlist. I explain what do I mean: it happens that an entire CD is added to a very long playlist and then to erase a single track from it you have to check th...

• Casual Listener
  • I would like to propose to facilitate a possibility to erase a track previously added to a playlist. I explain what do I mean: it happens that an entire CD is added to a very long playlist and then t...
  • velb95
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Spotify Shazam integration is complete nonsense now

Edit: This has been fixed now! Shazam won't listen to any of my tweets, so please, please listen: you guys need to work with Shazam to fix the integration between Spotify for iOS and Shazam. I have a lifetime subscription, so there used to be there w...

• Not applicable
  • Edit: This has been fixed now!    Shazam won't listen to any of my tweets, so please, please listen: you guys need to work with Shazam to fix the integration between Spotify for iOS and S...
  • raseguelp
  • Casual Listener
  • 14 replies
  • 8 likes
  • 14 replies
  • 8 likes

Please solve Bug playing mixed playlists of Local and Spotify Files

Can you please fix the IOS bug that has been around for 2 years and discussed in several threads on the forums including the one below. This bug means that when you have a playlist of mixed local tracks and spotify tracks, playback often (always?) st...

• Roadie
  • Can you please fix the IOS bug that has been around for 2 years and discussed in several threads on the forums including the one below.     This bug means that when you have a playlist of...
  • Patthesplat
  • Roadie
  • 5 replies
  • 1 likes
  • iOS
  • 5 replies
  • 1 likes

Certain Local Track become corrupt after every upgrade

Hi all, I have noticed on my iphone 5S, that every time there is an upgrade to the spotify app, some specific local songs in my mixed playlist (spotify tracks and tracks form my Itunes library) become corrupt on my IOS app and will not play. There ar...

• Roadie
  • Hi all,   I have noticed on my iphone 5S, that every time there is an upgrade to the spotify app, some specific local songs in my mixed playlist (spotify tracks and tracks form my Itunes lib...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't use Offline Mode

No matter what I do, I CANNOT play my songs in offline mode. I'm currently using the Premium free-trial and I'm using an iPad Air 2. It's brand new and has over 50+GB free so there's plenty of space for music to download. However, it simply refuses t...

• No matter what I do, I CANNOT play my songs in offline mode. I'm currently using the Premium free-trial and I'm using an iPad Air 2. It's brand new and has over 50+GB free so there's plenty of space ...
  • camillo75
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
    Premium
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

student discount

I want to sign up for the student discount. However whenever I click sign up to see if I'm eligible the page where I put in my college never comes up and it brings me right back to my payments. Please help! I would love to save $5

• I want to sign up for the student discount. However whenever I click sign up to see if I'm eligible the page where I put in my college never comes up and it brings me right back to my payments. Pleas...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify iphone app crashing

Hi, so I have an A&TT iPhone 6 running iOS 8.1 with the model number MG4W2LL/A running spotify Version 2.5.0 My issue is that every time I try to launch the app it immediately crashes. I have tried turning my phone off and on, and also uninstalling a...

• Not applicable
  • Hi, so I have an A&TT iPhone 6 running iOS 8.1 with the model number MG4W2LL/A running spotify Version 2.5.0   My issue is that every time I try to launch the app it immediately crashes....
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Why can I only have 3333 songs offline on one device?

*If you don't want to read the full story, skip to the three stars at the bottom*Hello everyone!I would like an explanation to why I can only have 3333 songs offline on one device?The main reason why I use and pay for Spotify is just to have songs of...

• *If you don't want to read the full story, skip to the three stars at the bottom* Hello everyone! I would like an explanation to why I can only have 3333 songs offline on one device? The main re...
  • alcedinea
  • Regular
  • 5 replies
  • 11 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 11 likes

My spotify won't let me listen to me of song and to listen to a random song in my songs I pla

My spotify won't let me listen to my choice of song and to listen to a random song in my songs I have to click suffle play I had a premium account I got it last year with my contract with Vodafone it was after the 17 I got the contract and this is re...

• My spotify won't let me listen to my choice of song and to listen to a random song in my songs I have to click suffle play I had a premium account I got it last year with my contract with Vodafone it...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Skipping

While, I'm driving the song will play no longer than 20 seconds before it skips to the next song. It only occurs on my iphone 6 with ios 8. I'm a premium user. Thanks

• Casual Listener
  • While, I'm driving the song will play no longer than 20 seconds before it skips to the next song.  It only occurs on my iphone 6 with ios 8.  I'm a premium user.  Thanks
  • otonitoni
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Clicking/Popping

I've just bought an Apple Airport Express for the sole purpose of streaming Spotify. I've connected the Express to my Tag McLaren AV32R via optical cable. At this moment in time I only have the free version of Spotify but intend to upgrade to premium...

• Casual Listener
  • I've just bought an Apple Airport Express for the sole purpose of streaming Spotify. I've connected the Express to my Tag McLaren AV32R via optical cable. At this moment in time I only have the free ...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes