Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

disable spotify on lock screen iPhone

disable spotify on lock screen iPhone

Is there some way to disable spotify from my lock screen on the iPhone? Upgraded to Premium and it controls my lock screen now. I think it should be me who's controlling it and not a 3rd party. Any ideas? 

5 Replies

Hi, and welcome to the community!

What do you mean it's controlling your lock screen, could you post a screenshot? The only thing to do with Spotify on the lock screen should be that the music controls recognise that a Spotify song is playing.
Also, in iOS 7, the album/track picture will be on the lock screen when the song is playing. This is not something Spotify does, this is hardwired into iOS 7, so you'd have to complain to Apple about that one!

If it's not this, probably worth trying a quick reinstall of the app.

Anthony 🙂
This post was by Taylor - I do not work for Spotify!
If this solved your issue - Mark it as a solution! If you like my post - Please add Kudos!
||  Spotify Profile - Taylor   |  Feel free to PM me - Here  ||

Hello!

Haha, yeah i remember i was wondering the same thing a while back! Like the above person said, it is part of iOS 7, there is no way to disable it. If you use the native music app it will do the same thing, it is just the way iOS 7 handles music being played, and it displays the artwork and music controls on the lock screen. 

I hope this clears it up the confusion a little 🙂

Hope this helped 🙂

Don't forget to add your Kudos and mark as a solution if it helped you!

Follow me on Twitter

Whats a Spotify Rock Star?

Thankfully, it will still display notifications too 🙂 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

If you click the home button once or twice it should not show it anymore. Hopefully that helped. 

I had the same problem,

solution: start apples Music app, that is all - because it does not show on the lock screen!

Suggested posts