Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

how to shuffle on ipad?

Solved!

how to shuffle on ipad?

Where did the shuffle button go in the iPad app? There's no "i" button on "now playing" as it was on the iphone app... 

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Press on the album artwork, and then it should expand. The shuffle icon should be located in this screen.
Airhorn Enthusiast

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

Haha, I couldn't see them for ages... when they're turned off, they're in black, against a black background...! They're just above the pause button.

View solution in original post

34 Replies
Marked as solution

Press on the album artwork, and then it should expand. The shuffle icon should be located in this screen.
Airhorn Enthusiast

problem was: i've been using it outdoors, and the symbols were practically invisible in bright light... 

THANKS!  

Need some help with this topic..!

Pressing album artwork does not seem to work. I can not find the shuffle button anywere, pressed everything..!

Any solutions?

I don't have my iPad with me right now, but I don't think it's the artwork you click on.  There should be something next to the artwork on the bottom left that looks like 2 arrows pointing away from each other.  When you press on that, the artwork should expand and you will see the repeat/shuffle buttons.

@tjb wrote:

There should be something next to the artwork on the bottom left that looks like 2 arrows pointing away from each other.  When you press on that, the artwork should expand and you will see the repeat/shuffle buttons.

Yeah!

Now i get it..!

Thanks for reacting so fast!

Grtz

Marked as solution

Haha, I couldn't see them for ages... when they're turned off, they're in black, against a black background...! They're just above the pause button.

What a stupid place for it! Don't make the app pretty first, make it intuitive first! If people have to search the web for a basic function on your app, get back to the drawing board.

Hi Guys,

Please, I need to know how can I enable random plalist on my iPAD. I created some list but the playlist is not in random mode.

regardsssssssssss

Hi Raul_Morata - Just moved your post over to this more relevant thread

@David wrote:

I love the app more on my iPad, but I'm finding I need to use the iPhone version for my own sanity!

now please correct me if I'm wrong but on the iPad app, I can't shuffle unless I play the first song in a playlist first. The iPhone version gives us the shuffle button under the album info, the iPad version makes you play the first song the press the outwards arrows just to get the shuffle option, then you have to skip the track forward just to get the shuffle working 

Please tell me if I'm going mad here!

secondly, with large playlists from random albums, it would be great to know which album the song is from. Now it just shows the artists name. Again the iPhone version does this correctly by showing theartist name and album when it's in the playlist mode

I would have thought these were obvious eh!

thanks

Hi Mechs85 - I've just popped your post into this iPad shuffle thread. 

So yes, you're right on both points. In order to shuffle on the iPad you'll need to select the track you'd like to hear first. From there click on the artwork or outward arrows and select the shuffle sign. 

One user has pointed this out here on our Ideas Board, while another other user has posted about the album titles hereIt's definitely worth adding your Kudos and comments. We keep an close on those Ideas Boards for feedback from you guys. 

Doesn't work with self-creAted playlists!

How to shuffle then?

HAnsvdp

This solution doesn't work. There are only 4 visible icons - a star, a plus, send to and radio.

Thanks, but even that doesn't work - the thing seems to have just disappeared.

Hi David,

this is marked as solved but it isn't - for the iPad. On the iPhone it's fine - the now playing screen has an i button and you access shuffle on/off from there. On the iPad that i button has disappeared. Please help most of the music I listen to is classical and shuffle _really_ doesn't help.

I re-installed the ipad version having updated my apps and the shuffle icon has re-appeared. Looks like it was a bug they fixed.

I did find it with the help in this topic. I had to look carefully though. Black on black is hard to see!

But much better than the option being missing!

Cheers

Clicking on the artwork did not work for me. It shows all the buttons but shuffle and repeat.

Clicking on the outward facing arrows next to the artwork in the now playing bar brings up a window that does have these buttons.

Practically hidden, but at least they're there.

Yes I want to shuffle my starred play list Im a premium user

Suggested posts