UK

Device

iPhone 12 Pro

Operating System

iOS 14.6

App Version

My Question or Issue

Steps to reproduce:

like a playlist, press download, then unlike the playlist whilst it is still downloading.

Hard crashes the app.

7 Replies

Hey @Thoma4sl, thanks for reaching out to the Community!

I just tried to follow those steps but I’m unable to reproduce the issue.

Could you try a clean reinstall of the app following these steps? It’s more thorough than just uninstalling and reinstalling the app. 

Let me know how this goes!

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Unfortunately I have tried those steps to no avail. Please find a screen recording attached to pass onto the devs.

Many thanks

Hey @Thoma4sl,

Thanks for the screen recording!

Could you try this with a different network connection? Also, does it happen with all playlists or just that particular one?

Keep me posted. 

Billy-JSpotify Star

Yes it happens on all playlists and across WiFi and 3/4G.

Hey @Thoma4sl

Thanks for the info! One more thing that I would like to try, is to see if this is actually device or account-related. Could you try creating a new account for Spotify here, and then log in to it on your iPhone (make sure to remember the password to your current account before you log out, and you won't lose any saved content when you log out)? Once you're logged in, try reproducing the same steps when on a playlist and let me know what happens. 

Looking out for your reply!

Billy-JSpotify Star

unfortunately offline downloads are not a feature of free accounts so I’m unable to test that. 

I’m just trying to repot a bug, I realise you are not an employee so may not be able to, but is there no mechanism within this forum to raise this bug with the devs?

Hey @Thoma4sl,

I was able to take a closer look at this for you. This is an odd behavior and Spotify hasn’t seen any similar reports, so I’m trying to get to the root cause of it by trying some troubleshooting steps and this is the normal process before reporting an issue.

If you know any friends or family members with Premium, could you ask them to log on to their Premium account on your account and follow the steps to see if it happens there? Can you also let me know if this happens on a different iPhone, if possible?

This way I’m able to see if it’s a device related issue or account-related. 

Let me know how everything goes, looking out for your reply!

Billy-JSpotify Star

Suggested posts