Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[iOS][Connect] Please fix airplay video streaming on Roku

[iOS][Connect] Please fix airplay video streaming on Roku

There are several issues when playing a video podcast via airplay to a Roku device.

First, the video quality is terrible (maybe 480 at best) and also laggy. I checked my internet speed to make sure that wasn’t the issue. I’m running at 625 Mbps, so it’s not me. Second, anytime an ad comes up (which is annoying itself because I pay for Spotify Premium, but I understand those are podcast sponsors) the app will crash after the ads stop playing. In addition to the app crashing, it will totally lose my progress in the podcast so I have to guess how far along I was. If I guess incorrectly the ads will play again and crash everything again. This has been a problem ever since Spotify finally got around to adding video. Please fix this issue or let your content creators put their videos on platforms that understand how video works. Thanks.

1 Reply

Hey @Dlaurence,

Thanks for reaching out here in the Community and welcome. We moved your post from Ideas to the help boards as its content fits better here.

To keep investigating this issue, would you mind checking with a different WiFi connection or a mobile data hotspot to see if it makes any difference? If the issue persists, we’d recommend restarting your router and Roku to force a signal sync.

Let us know how it goes. We’ll be on the lookout.

OscarDCModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts