Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[iOS] Downloaded songs will not play offline despite Premium membership

[iOS] Downloaded songs will not play offline despite Premium membership

Hi,

For the last few months I have noticed that my songs downloaded on my phone will not play when Spotify is offline. Sometimes the downloaded songs will not even play when Spotify is online, but songs I haven't downloaded do.

I have an iPhone 7 that's a couple of years old but I have tried freeing up storage space, undownloading and redownloading the songs, deleting and redownloading the app, and signing out then back in. None of these methods have solved the issue.

For the last month or so I have resorted to undowloading all my songs and playing them on wifi or data, but that is not getting the benefits of the Premium subscription I am paying for.

Please help,

Joe

1 Reply

Hi @JoeTerry17,

Welcome to the Community and thank you for posting!

Great troubleshooting so far. We understand you already reinstalled the app, so please try running a clean reinstall as this one is more thorough than a regular one and can be helpful to get rid of any cache that might be causing trouble. 

If this doesn't do the trick, could you check that there are no cache clearing apps running for Spotify? Keep in mind that even if you didn't install such apps, some devices have them preinstalled.

Keep us posted. 

MafeGModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts