Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

iOS - Keep screen on or manual car mode!

iOS - Keep screen on or manual car mode!

Plan

Premium

Country

US

Device

iPhone XR

Operating System

iOS 13

My Question or Issue

I have a car without Bluetooth, and I connect my phone to it with a usb. The screen used to stay on when I had Spotify playing with it plugged in but it no longer does. There needs to be an option to either keep the screen on, or a way to manually activate car mode if you don't have Bluetooth in your car!

6 Replies

This is the most annoying ting with spotify atm. The #1 place i use spotify is when i drive my car connected to the car stereo. It was perfect before.. 

Now i have subscribed to Apple music, as it stays open when connected to a charger. 

Car mode should not allow the screen to close, just like GPS doesn’t time out. The whole point of a car mode is to make it safer and easier to use while driving. Typing in my password every two minutes is the opposite of those two goals.

Yeah I was wondering if Apple Music would stay on, if so I might switch as well. So you’re saying Apple Music will stay on if my car doesn’t have Bluetooth, just plugged into my car’s usb? Is there a setting that needs to be turned on in order for it to do that?

As long as your iOS device is charging and playing with Apple Music open. Does not close at all when I am on my 50 minute drive to work. But I always charge and the music is always playing.

Hm, I just tried it - plugged into my car’s usb and played Apple Music this time and it still turned off the screen after 30 seconds.

can’t say for sure, but it seems to work fine for me. The iPhone does also not dim the screen if you are looking at it, so that might be the case. 

Suggested posts