iOS Local Files not syncing to windows Desktop

iOS Local Files not syncing to windows Desktop

Plan

Premium

Country

Singapore

Device & Operating System

iPhone 13 and Windows 11 

I downloaded some songs to my desktop and I added it to my local files folder on Spotify, but it is not syncing to my iPhone. The local songs are greyed out and unplayable on my phone, it is able to play on only my Desktop.
I've updated both the app and Desktop version to the latest version, performed a clean reinstall on my iPhone and deleted and reinstalled the Desktop app as well. However, it is still not working.

I've also tried adding the songs to "My Files" on my iPhone but it won't even show up in the Local Files folder in Spotify. 

5 Replies

maybe try doing:

1. go to settings app, find the spotify. 
  2. turn on ‘local network’ if it’s not already. 

this one solved it for me a while back. 

also your pc and phone should be connected to same internet, maybe that may be the problem as well. 

Hi! Spotify's local network is turned on by default on my iPhone and yes, both my phone and desktop are connected to the same Wi-Fi. However, my local songs are still greyed out on my phone and is only playable on my desktop...

well then i have no clue.

when same happens to me, i keep removing the download & download again, also constantly restart the app.

that’s all from me 😞

I don't see a button for Settings on my iPhone. Am I just dumb or nonobservant? Spotify needs to address this issue NOW. This is ridiculous.

Ikr, Spotify used to be able to play local files across devices... not sure why it's not able to now. Anyways, the Settings button is just the usual Settings app on your iPhone, not inside the Spotify app.

Suggested posts