Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

iOS Opening Links in Safari and not App

iOS Opening Links in Safari and not App

Hi everyone!

I just went from an iPhone SE to the iPhone XS. For some reason, when I receive a link in iMessage for a song on Spotify it opens in Safari. From there I can click open Spotify and it tries to launch the app store and I ultimately can't listen to the son at all. 

Anyone else have this problem? This wasn't an issue until I got a new phone. I am running the latest version of the app and OS. Any advice would be appreciated. 

4 Replies

Hey, @NMDRW! The current Spotify app does not support iMessages because the iOS software is Apple company only, and does not support other software. It opens in Safari because Safari is an Apple software. When you open it, you should say 'Open in Spotify?' If this doesn't, restart Safari AND the iPhone XS. If this does not work either,

reply to this message. 

Happy Holidays!

-Ragedoge

So I tried restarting everything and uninstalling and reinstalling Spotify. When I try to launch the app from the web browser it redirects me to the App Store. 

@NMDRW, enter from the app for now. This seems to not work currently on your device.

Thanks for your understanding. I hope your device works soon.

Happy Holidays!

-Ragedoge

I wonder why it does this for some people and not others.

For me it always opens in the Spotify app like it should.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts