Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[iOS] Redesigned music player animations

[iOS] Redesigned music player animations

The animation when you close (swipe down) the music player, with the new UI, is glitched. While the opening animation has a smooth fade of the mini-player on the bottom, during the closing animation there is no fade, and the mini-player appears all of a sudden.

I’m on iOS 14.7 with the latest Spotify update. 

10 Replies

Hey there @Vermat99,

Thanks for reaching out to the Community 🙂

Would you mind sending over a video or a screen recording where we can take a better look at what you're seeing from your end? This will help us see if we can replicate this behavior. You can send a link to it or attach it using the Insert Video option in the post editor. 

It would also be helpful to know the exact Spotify version you're currently running. 

We'll be on the lookout for your reply. 

NovyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

You should be able to see in the video that there is something definitely not smooth happening at the end of the animation. 

Hey @Vermat99,

Thanks for sharing this video.

We'd recommend running a clean reinstall of the app. Please follow the steps from this Spotify Guide exactly, as this will assure that all app data is cleared completely, before reinstalling.

If that doesn't help, let us know your exact app version.

Keep us posted on how you get on with this.

Cheers.

AlexModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Tried a clean install but the issue persists. 
App version: 8.6.62.1035

Hey again @Vermat99,

Thanks for keeping us in the loop!

Beside your Spotify version, could we also ask you about your particular Apple device's exact model?

Some similar issues have been identified with the animations on iOS on newer devices, a new screen technology introduced by Apple in their latest products. We believe this thread here contains a very useful post with information on the topic given by @MattSuda from our Star Program 🌟

Hope you find this useful. Keep us posted if you have any questions.

Mario Moderator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

The new iPhone 13 series ships with iOS 15 installed and this was posted before the new iPhones came out with iOS 14 listed in the original post, so I don't think this is the same issue as I have posted about in the other thread. But they do look similar.

I can reproduce this in my Spotify iOS app. It looks like when the now playing screen is closing, the animation where it moves back into the mini now playing bar isn't as smooth. It's a little abrupt. Like a bounce effect where it just shows up. I don't have a pervious version of the Spotify app to compare it to, but it does seem that the animation is less smooth than it was in the past. It might have to do with the recent update where the mini now playing bar got a new transparent and colorful design.

It could be that this is the way the animation was designed but it does seem just a little abrupt. 

MattSudaSpotify Star
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

I’m using an iPhone XS. The first time I saw this issue I was on iOS 14.7, now it’s still happening on iOS 15. 

Everything Matt said is correct. So yeah, my issue can’t be caused by the screen technology. And I can can confirm that this issue is definitely a consequence of the new mini now playing bar.

Hey @Vermat99,

Thanks for keeping in touch and for that info.

We've forwarded your feedback to the right folks. Even though we can't commit to a timeframe for when or if this will be fixed, make sure to keep the app updated so you don't miss out on any new features and improvements.

If you need anything else, the Community is here for you.

Cheers!

CarlosEModerator

I’m having this issue as well, the animation is very abrupt. Spotify 8.7.12.1688 on iPhone 12, happening since iOS 14.7. I’m now on 15.4. 

i think the issue is there is no animation when the mini player appears. See video below

E94822F4-AC13-444F-9718-DECB1018FDB9.gif

Hi there @mvbalan,

Thank you for your reply in this thread.

As mentioned above, we've forwarded the feedback to the right team. 

For now we suggest that you always keep your app up to date. You can check how you do that by following the steps that's provided in this article.

Let us know if we can help you with anything else in the meantime.

Take care!

JeremyModerator
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Suggested posts