Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

iOS Spotify with Car Bluetooth (ISSUE)

Solved!

iOS Spotify with Car Bluetooth (ISSUE)

Hello there, 

I don't have this issue on Android, but when I connect my iPhone to my car's Spotify app. The spotify application on my iPhone goes blank with just the logo, leaving me no choice but to only choose songs from my head unit and not from my phone. 

Does anybody know how to solve this?

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @nicholaswaikit

I was helping someone else with this problem a few months ago.

The user said "after a little research, I found out that the newer Kenwood decks will lock the phone up when you are using the Spotify function on the stereo.  This is so that people will be motivated just to use the controls on the stereo to control it.  My confusion came in when I used the Spotify function on the stereo and it locked my app up, then I would switch the stereo function over to Bluetooth Audio and it wouldn't release my phone.  I thought the app was the cause.  Turns out, it's a glitch in the stereo.  You have to turn the Spotify function on the stereo off, switch to BT Audio, then turn the stereo off and on again to unlock the phone app.  Crazy.  By just using BT Audio, I have been able to use it."

Hopefully that info helps. I don't really have any experince with your problem. Every car has a different system so it's hard to troubleshoot.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey @nicholaswaikit

I was helping someone else with this problem a few months ago.

The user said "after a little research, I found out that the newer Kenwood decks will lock the phone up when you are using the Spotify function on the stereo.  This is so that people will be motivated just to use the controls on the stereo to control it.  My confusion came in when I used the Spotify function on the stereo and it locked my app up, then I would switch the stereo function over to Bluetooth Audio and it wouldn't release my phone.  I thought the app was the cause.  Turns out, it's a glitch in the stereo.  You have to turn the Spotify function on the stereo off, switch to BT Audio, then turn the stereo off and on again to unlock the phone app.  Crazy.  By just using BT Audio, I have been able to use it."

Hopefully that info helps. I don't really have any experince with your problem. Every car has a different system so it's hard to troubleshoot.

MattSudaSpotify Star

oh gosh, well guess we'll have to resort to that at the moment. Thank you for the reply @mattsuda appreciated ! 

You're welcome

MattSudaSpotify Star

Suggested posts