Premium

Country

Czech Republic

Device

iPhone 11

Operating System

iOS 13.5

My Question or Issue

When I'm listening to music through the Spotify Desktop App on Windows 10 and I open the iOS Spotify App just to control the Desktop one, then the iOS App adjusts my phone's volume to the volume of the Spotify Desktop App.

Example:

BEFORE opening the iOS App

Volume of computer system: 4%

Volume of Spotify Desktop App: 100%

Volume of Spotify iOS App: N/A [ not open ]

Volume of iOS device: 2%

AFTER opening the iOS App + selecting "CONTINUE TO LISTEN ON REMOTE DEVICE"

Volume of computer system: 4%

Volume of Spotify Desktop App: 100%

Volume of Spotify iOS App: 100%

Volume of iOS device: 100% <----------------- PROBLEM

3 Replies

Hey there @jfe!

Welcome to the Community and thanks for bringing this to our attention.

Could you try restarting your devices and your router to see if that makes any difference for you?

If you still experience this, we'd recommend performing a clean reinstall of the app with the steps here.

In case the issue persists, we'll need to know if this happens when using a different network or connecting to a different device (if you have one available).

We'll be on the lookout for your update. Give us a shout if you have any further questions.

ElenaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hi Elena, 

Thanks a lot for the reply.

I restarted the devices, the router, did the clean re-install and the undesired behavior is still there.

I tried having my Windows computer on Wi-Fi and my iPhone on the mobile network data and the undesired behavior is still there.

However, I tried using my Android phone instead of the Windows computer and in this case the issue wasn't there - but it wasn't possible to control the volume of the Android device with the iPhone.

With the Android device paired to the Windows computer the behavior is correct and as expected: the Android App has its own volume which is controlled by the phone buttons and controls the volume in the Windows App without changing the phone volume itself <-- this would be my expectation with the iPhone as well.

Hi Elena, 

Thanks a lot for the reply.

I restarted the devices, the router, did the clean re-install and the undesired behavior is still there.

I tried having my Windows computer on Wi-Fi and my iPhone on the mobile network data and the undesired behavior is still there.

However, I tried using my Android phone instead of the Windows computer and in this case the issue wasn't there - but it wasn't possible to control the volume of the Android device with the iPhone.

With the Android device paired to the Windows computer the behavior is correct and as expected: the Android App has its own volume which is controlled by the phone buttons and controls the volume in the Windows App without changing the phone volume itself <-- this would be my expectation with the iPhone as well.

Suggested posts