Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[iOS] statusbar disappears bug

[iOS] statusbar disappears bug

The statusbar (the top bar with the clock, battery, WiFi etc.) occasionally disappears/ isn't shown. A restart of the app usually fixes the issue. This happens on an iPhone 8 plus, and also on iPad Pro. I'm not sure what causes this to happen.

40 Replies

Hi @Tomatenpasta,

Thanks for reaching out about this here on the Community - We'll be happy to help 🙂

Have you noticed the status bar disappearing while using other apps too or does it only happen when you have Spotify open? It would also be great if you could let us know whether the issue appear to happen on a particular section of the app (Home, Search, Now Playing, etc.) or if it's completely random.

If you haven't tried it already, we recommend reinstalling the app and restarting your iPhone to see if this fixes the issue.

In case your status bar keeps disappearing over and over again, you should check for an iOS update by going to Settings > General > Software Update. If an update is available, tap Download & Install

Hope this helps. Let us know how you get on.

XeniaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

This is happening to me too, and I have noticed this bug came with iOS 15. I tried every possible solution (also a clean installation of Spotify), but after some while this bug started to appear again. Only way to fix it is closing and opening app again (each time I first open the app, the status bar does not appear, making the whole UI stretch towards the top of the screen).

Model: iPhone 12
iOS 15.1.1

i have exactly the same problem on my Iphone 11 since i have installed iOS 15. I also noticed that within a few minutes after closing the application, it works usually fine, but after about 5 minutes this bug appears again. Clean reinstall of Spotify does not fix it.

Hi there @user-removed,

Thank you for your reply.

Can you let us know which version of the app you have?

It would also be great if you can provide us a screenshot so that we can have a closer look directly from your end.

We'll keep an eye out for your reply.

Take care!

JeremyModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

@Xenia wrote:

Hi @Tomatenpasta,

Thanks for reaching out about this here on the Community - We'll be happy to help 🙂

Have you noticed the status bar disappearing while using other apps too or does it only happen when you have Spotify open? It would also be great if you could let us know whether the issue appear to happen on a particular section of the app (Home, Search, Now Playing, etc.) or if it's completely random.

If you haven't tried it already, we recommend reinstalling the app and restarting your iPhone to see if this fixes the issue.

In case your status bar keeps disappearing over and over again, you should check for an iOS update by going to Settings > General > Software Update. If an update is available, tap Download & Install

Hope this helps. Let us know how you get on.

No, this only happens in the Spotify app. It seems to happen everywhere in the app, I can't find a status bar in any screen of the app when this happens. I have tried restarting my phone and restarting the app, this only temporarily fixes the issue. I haven't yet reinstalled the app. I'm currently on iOS 15.0.2, I'll try the 15.1 update as well as reinstalling the app tonight. I'm on Spotify version 8.6.80.1180 as shown in-app, but this has been happening since multiple updates ago.

IMG_2464.PNG
IMG_2463.PNG

Hi @Tomatenpasta,

Thank you for keeping in touch. 

Please give it a try and let us know how it keeps working with the iOS update and the clean reinstall.

We'll be here in case you need anything else. 

MafeGModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

I think the latest iOS update may have fixed it. It has been about 1.5 day since I updated, and so far it's still working. Thank you for the help.

Unfortunately, I spoke too soon. It happened again, but now on the latest iOS version and the reinstalled and updated Spotify version. 😥

Hey @Tomatenpasta,

Thanks for the info 🙂

In case you're using any battery optimization or power saving apps, you can deactivate them for Spotify to see if that makes a difference.

It's also a good idea to try logging in to another account on your phone to see if that changes anything.

Let us know how it goes.

Ver Moderator

I have the same issue on the iPhone 13 Pro with iOS 15.1. 
In my case it happens whenever I maximize the “player” window, that shows the currently playing song. 
In addition, sometimes after minimizing the player, the statusbar does not reappear.

It seems like it always happens after maximizing the player.

B55D3166-3202-4810-958C-3FB96DF220C4.png
4928ADBF-9377-4E06-876E-BC32DE8FDF11.png

Hi @UTFLuke,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community.

Could you let us know if you've performed any troubleshooting on your app? If you haven't, please check the steps shared throughout this thread and give them a try.

If the issue persists, it'd be helpful to know which steps you did so we can avoid repeating them and keep assisting you further. 

Keep us posted.

MafeGModerator

Hi,

I tried reinstalling the app and restarting the iPhone. It did not fix the issue.

Steps to reproduce:

- In the app, click on the currently playing song, to open it in fullscreen-view. 
- The statusbar is not visible anymore.

- After minimizing the currently playing song, the status bar reappears (most of the time). 

Sometimes the statusbar does not reappear, even after minimizing the currently playing song. This can, in my case, only be fixed by force closing the app.

Sadly I didn’t find a pattern when this happens.

Regards, 

Lukas

Hi Jeremy, i currently use 8.6.84.1353 version.

when this bug shows up, it looks like this:

IMG_0006.PNG

IMG_0007.PNG

 to make it easier to see, this is how it looks without bug:

IMG_0008.PNG

 thanks in advance for your reply!

Hi folks,

Thank you for keeping in touch!

We'd like to confirm one more thing. Could you toggle on/off the Canvas feature in Settings and check if there's a difference? 

In case it persists, we'd like to investigate this further so please share with us the following info: 

Keep us posted.

MafeGModerator

Hi

Toggling the canvas feature did not make a difference for me. Also, the issue persists with canvas on as well as with canvas off.

Model: iPhone 13 Pro

Spotify Version: 8.6.84.1353

Best, 

Lukas

Hi all,

I've not been using any power saving apps. I don't have a second account that I can use for a few days, so trying that is difficult. However, turning off the canvas feature does seem to help. It has been about 3 days since I turned it off, and so far the status bar has not disappeared (so I guess it's fixed now).

@UTFLuke The status bar not being shown when the currently playing song is opened (so the big album-picture view/full-screen), I think, is intended behavior. Maybe someone can confirm that? My issue specifically lies in the status bar sometimes not reappearing when you minimize the currently playing song.

tech specs for reference:
- iPhone 8 plus

- iOS 15.1

- Spotify 8.6.84.1353

Best,

tomatenpasta

Edit: again, I spoke too soon. Maybe it's bad karma lol. But the status bar did disappear again, so that's sad :(.

@Tomatenpasta

I don’t see the benefit of the statusbar being hidden in the big album-picture view/full-screen, so I didn’t think this is intended behavior.

But as mentioned in my first post (with screenshot, although I understand it is hard to see), I also have the issue that sometimes the status bar doesn’t reappear after minimizing the big album-picture view/full-screen.

Best,

Lukas

Hey there,

I'm experiencing the same problem as mentioned above by @UTFLuke.

Model: iPhone XS

Firmware: iOS 15.1

Spotify Version: 8.6.84.1353

When I switch to the full-screen view, my status bar disappears, but unfortunately it doesn't reappear (restart of the app solves the problem temporarily). Until the latest update I also encountered the same issue as @VadimRadiance that half of the album/playlist name was cut off due to the notch, see the picture attached.

Best regards,

Tobi

IMG_1475.png

Hi folks,

Thank you for keeping in touch.

We went ahead and reported this to the right team, who will look into it backstage. At the moment we're not able to provide you with a timeframe for a fix, but we can recommend keeping the app updated.

In the meantime, to any other user experiencing this issue, please keep sharing with us the device information I asked for in my previous post.

We'll be on the lookout.

MafeGModerator

Suggested posts