Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

iOS10 Control Center & Spotify Connect - No Controls

Solved!

iOS10 Control Center & Spotify Connect - No Controls

Hey Guys,

there seems to be a Problem with the Spotify Controls in the iOS 10 Control Center if Spotify Connect is enabled (In my Case: streaming to pioneer vsx-528 from iphone 7 via spotify connect).

If you disable Spotify Connect, the Spotify Controls are there again and working properly.

Best Regards

ios10_spotify_connect_problem.png

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey there! Welcome to the community!

Unfortunately, due to some iOS limitations music controls in Control Center aren't available when using Spotify Connect. You can still control your device when you're in the Spotify app! 🙂 Let me know if you have any other questions.

Have a nice day and keep rockin'! 🙂

HuboSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey there! Welcome to the community!

Unfortunately, due to some iOS limitations music controls in Control Center aren't available when using Spotify Connect. You can still control your device when you're in the Spotify app! 🙂 Let me know if you have any other questions.

Have a nice day and keep rockin'! 🙂

HuboSpotify Star

Thanks for the fast reply 🙂

This isnt true anymore. Google play implements the control center while casting to chromecast from iOS 10. Can you please give me the exact iOS limitation as I am an iOS software engineer and would like to know what this is.

To request this feature please vote here https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/iOS-Chromecast-Control-on-Lock-Screen/idc-p/1552918#M102...

Hey @user-removed! Thanks for coming to the community!

Hmm, I don't know what the limitation is called. I'll pass on your feedback to the right folks. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Take care! 🙂

HuboSpotify Star

Suggested posts