Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

iOS11 draining battery

iOS11 draining battery

Spotify on the new iOS11.0.3 running on an iPhone 6s drains my battery. Playing music for 15 minutes or so causes my phone to heat up and drops my battery percentage from 100 down to 30. I have not experienced this using any other app and I have heard from other people they are also experiencing this problem.

2 Replies

Ever since I updated to iOS 11 on my iPhone 5SE, Spotify has been extremely bad with battery drain. Playing 39mins of dowloaded music (Not even streaming) takes 16% of my charge. For comparison playing 4 hours of downloaded music on apple music app takes only 13%. Same volume and same headphones.

On top of that, the phone gets very hot when I’m listening to Spotify. These battery and heat issues have been consistent for the past weeks and are only for Spotify, not any other app. 

I have the lattest Spotify version. 

Moreover, I saw a post from another user reporting this issue that the moderators of the forum decided to close. Is this battery drain an issue that you are looking at it?

I like the Spotify service, but if this is not solved I will obviously have to cancel it.

67C9198A-5E0F-448B-BAAB-77EB5F4623CA.png

Here is the proof of how the Spotify app is ruining my iPhones battery. 

iPhone users with iOS 11 are having this issue for more than 3 months and Spotify seems to be ignoring the issue without even providing feedback. This was the reason why I canceled my premium subscription today and moved to Apple Music, even if I like Spotify playlists better. 

Suggested posts