Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

iPad - Spotify delay when switching between apps

iPad - Spotify delay when switching between apps

On my 3rd Gen iPad running iOS 7, there is a significant delay in the Spotify interface whenever I switch from another app into the iPad app.  The music doesn't stop playing during this delay (about 2-3 seconds) but I can't interact with the Spotify app during the delay.  It's very annoying.  Does anyone else have this problem?  I am planning to upgrade to an iPad Air (or whatever comes out this year) - will that help, or is this an issue with the app itself?

3 Replies

There is an open bug with the Spotify application and rotation, which I suspect this might be part of:
http://community.spotify.com/t5/Bugs/iPad-Screen-Rotation-Behavior-Broken/td-p/763921

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Same problem on iOS 7.1.1 on an iPhone 5s. Spotify hangs for almost exactly 9 seconds. You can tell by the track timing and the jump from render to current time. Inputs are registered and take effect after the hang.

Any action randomly hangs for as long as 20 seconds. Once it moves, the problems sorted, until the iphone goes to sleep & then the problem is there again. Annoying, especially on Premium. Also that BLOODY GREAT SHUFFLE BUTTON is in the way!!

Suggested posts