Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

iPhone Battery drain

iPhone Battery drain

Spoiler

Hi guys,

I've noticed in the past 6ish months (maybe more) that the Spotify app is draining my battery far quicker than usual. Its got to the point where I would avoid using Spotify because I wouldn't have a working phone come the end of the day. Because of this issue I decided to jump on an Apple Music trial about a month ago, and with around the same usage a day I have not once come close to running out of charge.

I went back to Spotify today to test it, 3 hours of music starting at 100%, I'm down to 20%. It's just become unusable, its so frustating because I prefer the app & all of my music is here. I honestly came on here to cancel my subscription, but pushing that sad playlist and linking me to the forums actually worked! 

Hopefully one of you guys experienced the same and have found a solution or any tips tips to help save my battery. 

Thanks!

FYI - iPhone 6, iOS 9.3.1, app is up to date, 95% of my music is downloaded so not streaming. 

1 Reply

I have an iPhone 6S+ on iOS 9.3.2 and if I play 3hrs of music (not offline songs) I lose like 20% of my battery. Make sure you don't have Location Services and Background Refresh enabled. Can you also post a screenshot about your Battery Usage?

Suggested posts