Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

iPhone X ”Problem”

iPhone X ”Problem”

As most people with the iPhone X know, there are black bars in most apps at least in the start..

but for some reason my Spotify won’t work properly on my iPhone X, it worked perfectly fine on my iPhone 6s..

the problem is when I play music as normal and for example go inte Facebook or some other app that have a video or some form of sound attached Spotify pauses like it normally does but it won’t start again until I completely shut down the app and go back in and press play.

is there a solution for this or what can I do?

7 Replies

I am experiencing the same issue. I haven’t noticed it with my normal stock music player, only spotify. also, on my x it tends to not stop playing music when i disconnect headphones.

I also notice that this problem occurs when trying to activate using Siri. If activated while listening to music, the app will freeze and audio will not continue in the app without an app restart.

i have the same issue. it's super irritating. at first i thought it was a problem with my phone, but other music apps (soundcloud, for example) work fine.

I'm getting the same issue with phone calls as well. It's a huge issue when driving as I can't resume music without killing and restarting the app after I end a phone call that interrupted playing music.

I’ve also noticed that this issue does NOT occur when I pause spotify first then use siri. Same with phone calls.

I'm having the same issue. When I get an alert or phone call while playing music the app continues to play but no audio. I have to kill the app and restart. Super annoying. It also autoplays when disconnecting bluetooth. Example: Listening on car stereo get out of car put phone in pocket and it starts to play music. This could be a totally different scenario, but resuming play is all messed up on the iPhone X

Ok, I spoke w/ Spotify. they said they're on it

"Hey Megan! Sorry for the delay here. Our developers are aware of this issue. We recommend keeping an eye out for any upcoming software updates. Let us know if you need anything else in the meantime"

Suggested posts