Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

iPhone app wont accept password

iPhone app wont accept password

I've tried about a million times, even resetting my password a few times to simpler things to make sure I was not mistyping it. I can log in just fine on my PC and iPad, but for some reason my iPhone says: "Login failed \n Unable to login, either username or password is incorrect. Have you signed up for a Spotify account?" Any help you can provide would be appreciated. I didn't create my account through FB like everyone else with this problem seems to have

18 Replies

I have a few ideas.

Have you tried turning your phone off and on again?

Have you tried deleting and reinstalling Spotify?

Have you tried restarting your iPhone by holding down the power button and the home button at the same time until the Apple logo appears?

If this solved your issue - Accept it as a solution!
Official Website | MyAnimeList | 😉 |
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?

Yes, i have tried all of those things. The app now no longer works on my iPad either, returning the same error message, even with a throwaway account. I hate to say that i used to love Spotify but since yesterday my experience with the service has been absolute crap. Even signing into this website on chrome it kept thinking i wanted to create a new account whenever i tried to sign in for the first five times.

Could it be that you got your username wrong?

What the absolute hell, that is not my username. I'm about ready to call it quits on this app.

But no, i'm signing in with my email and my throwaway also doesnt work. Same error.

How did my regular username and throwaway get switched?

Message removed.

Woah, what's going on? Are these your two accounts?

Yes but it switched which username is tied to which account. I swear i dont go by penisbutt.

Okay, reset both passwords to the same thing. Then use both usernames to log in.

How do i use both usernames? I think it only comes up as my throwaway when i type potatopierogie in as my username, but comes up correctly when i sign in with my email

Like sign in using the new same password with one username, and then sign in with the other if it doesn't work.

Okay, both signed in fine on Chrome. Neither will sign in in the app on either my ipad or iphone

So now we know both accounts are working. It has something to do with iOS now. Try reinstalling the apps, again. Then try logging in, again.

Still not logging me in.

I honestly have no idea what to do now. You should probably contact Spotify. There have been problems in the past with this, so hopefully they can help you with it. Good luck!

Thanks, email sent.

are you login with your email name or your USER NAME?.

Suggested posts