Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

iPhone not scrobbling...

iPhone not scrobbling...

I'm so frustrated that my iPhone isn't scrobbling! My desktop and tablet (Android) scrobble fine.

I have tried fixes suggested elsewhere: logged in and out of the app, removed and reentered my last.fm credentials, changed my last.fm password and updated the info in spotify, etc. I know that the last.fm username/pw combo I enter in Spotify is accurate...I have put the right username and wrong pw in on purpose and spotify always kicks it back so it must've validating my info somehow.

Anyway, any help I can be given would be appreciated!

I have iOS 8.1.2 and Spotify 2.2.0.
7 Replies

So after not getting a reply I put in a note to Customer Support with a link to this post and got a pretty unhelpful reply.  His reply has nothing to do with iPhone/iOS, and I specifically mention not having problems scrobbling from my computer.  Also there's no way for me to follow up to let them know that this did not help me at all.

I am not sure what else to do at this point.  I have tried a few new things since I last posted: I tried scrobbling to a completely different last.fm profile (didn't work) and I tried shifting from online to offline mode and back which helped someone else recently (didn't work).

Hey there,

Thanks for getting in touch with the Spotify team. I'll be happy to help you figure this out.

Spotify has built-in support for last.fm that can be enabled from Preferences.

From the Spotify menu bar on your computer click:
(Windows)
Edit > Preferences > Scrobble to Last.fm

(Mac)
Spotify > Preferences > Scrobble to Last.fm

After checking the Scrobble to Last.fm box, enter your last.fm login details and you’ll begin scrobbling all your Spotify listens.

Happy scrobbling! 🙂

Feel free to let us know if you’ve got any other feedback through Twitter. It really helps us make the app the best it can be.

Now that 2014 is over, check out how we lived it together with Spotify's Your Year in music.

Have a great 2015!

Diego

Spotify Customer Support

A reinstall usually fixes most problems.

Can you try reinstalling the Spotify app on your iPhone?

Delete it, and then reinstall in from the app store.

I know this isn't ideal becuase you have to redo all settings and redownload all your playlists again if you have them downloaded for offline use.

(Your music collection isn't deleted)

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Thanks for the suggestion. I hadn't mentioned it but I had tried that as well earlier.  I decided to give it another try today...deleted it, reinstalled it, logged into Spotify, added my last.fm credentials, but still nothing.  I'm not sure what else there is I can do!

I am having the same exact issue. 

I can scrobble fine from my desktop at work AND my laptop at home. 

For some reason iphone won't scrobble. 

I have tried restarting, redownloading app, putting in my credentials.... etc. 

No good response from last.fm or spotify so far. 

Annoying!  I'd like to reach out to someone at Spotify, seems like the last way I did it was unhelpful, do employees read the forums? I've browsed last.fm forums on people's scrobblimg issues with Spotify and the employees there are very adamant that it's not a last.fm issue but a Spotify issue.

@marymarymary 

You can contact support here:

https://www.spotify.com/about-us/contact/contact-spotify-support/

If you get an automated reply email, you need to reply back to it.

Support usually replies within 24-48 hours.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

So I went back and forth with Spotify Support quite a bit, no luck.

Then today I was browsing the forum and saw a mention of downloading an older version of the Spotify app, and someone mentioned that Spotify for iOS 6 can be downloaded as a standalone app from the app store.

So I downloaded it, put in my last.fm credentials and it immediately started scrobbling!

I certainly hope that the next version of Spotify has a fix and lets me scrobble since this iOS 6 version isn't optimized for my iPhone's screen but I'll take it, I'm just happy that it scrobbles.  I offered to become a beta tester, I'd like to see if the new version fixed whatever bug in the current version stopped it from scrobbling.

Suggested posts