Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

iPhone playing a different version of track to laptop....

Solved!

iPhone playing a different version of track to laptop....

Hello,

I have been syncing music for over a year with no problems, I just recently dragged an mp3 from iTunes into Spotify on my laptop. It plays fine, no problem. 

However when i try to play that same file from my iPhone, it recognises it as a different version of the song.

The song is Def Leppard - Animal. 

This track isn't avaliable on Spotify normally, hence why I wanted to drag it from my mp3 collection into one of my Spotify playlists.

SO, why when I play the Spotify playlist from my laptop does it play the correct file, yet when I play the playlist from my iPhone it recognises the file as "Animal - LIVE" instead??

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Sucess!! Thank you very much!

Seemed I just had to ensure the mp3 was on my iPhone in my music folder as well as on my laptop, then sync my local files to my iPhone as being "avalible offline".

My Playlist is saved!

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Hi!

Have you synced your offline tracks to your iPhone? If not, then as the track isn't available on Spotify, the app looks for something matching the meta data, or something similar to the meta data and plays that instead.

Liam

Marked as solution

Sucess!! Thank you very much!

Seemed I just had to ensure the mp3 was on my iPhone in my music folder as well as on my laptop, then sync my local files to my iPhone as being "avalible offline".

My Playlist is saved!

Suggested posts