Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

iPod Touch (6th generation) won't show up on laptop spotify (is my app version too old?)

iPod Touch (6th generation) won't show up on laptop spotify (is my app version too old?)

I'm trying to connect my iPod Touch spotify app to the app on my laptop.  When I play music on my Android phone or iPad, the "now playing" shows up on my laptop with no trouble at all.  However, my iPod won't seem to show up for anything.  I've tried restarting the device and re-installing Spotify.  The devices are connected to the same wi-fi network.  I'm using Spotify free, if it makes a difference.

It's an older iPod, though, and I can't update the app beyond version 1.8.1.8.  Could this be the problem, and is there a workaround for this?  Or is this not the issue?

Thanks!

6 Replies

Hi. Are you complete sure you are using the same account on your ipod touch? When using spotify, you can use it one at a time, but if it happens that you can listen to two devices at the same time, maybe it's another account.....could you please verify that?

Yes, it's the same account.  I only have one Spotify account.

Ok you say that you both devices cant see each other but can you listen to music on both devices at the same time? Does your ipod have the broadcast status option activated?

I tried playing a song on my iPod, then started a different song on my laptop.  I then got an error saying "Your music has been paused because your account is in use somewhere else."  However, the iPod didn't show up as a device on the laptop like my iPad or Android would.  Where would I find the broadcast status option?  I can't find it in the Spotify settings menu.

One thing, in the first post you said that you had an old iPod and that you cannot update it?....but you said on the title that it's an ipod touch 6th gen which I think is the newest ipod actually....could you confirm this? It happens that for spotify connect to work properly all devices should have the latest app installed.

Also, you were talking about a Spotify app 1.8 version which if it's true it's very outdated since the latest version is 5.2 according to this: https://itunes.apple.com/es/app/spotify-music/id324684580?mt=8

Please confirm those things...

Sorry, I think I mistyped.  I'm not actually sure what generation iPod I have, but I'm running iOS 6.1.6, and the 1.8.1.8 version of Spotify is the latest that I can update to, since my iPod no longer updates beyond iOS 6.  Do you know of a way to get around this, if my version of Spotify is indeed too old?

Suggested posts