Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

iOS Local Files: Easier import with the Files app

It is now easier to import Local Files into the Spotify iOS app through the Files app on your iOS device. A computer and WiFi network are not required to use this new import method. This means that you can now import Local Files into the Spotify iOS ...

Files app icon.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • 31mwp7shpmdorxy6haqf
  • Spotify
  • 15 replies
  • 36 likes
  • 15 replies
  • 36 likes

Solved!! How do I turn "SHUFFLE PLAY" off on iPhone? I just want to "PLAY"

I can't play my lists in the order I've organized them on my iPhone. "SHUFFLE PLAY" seems the only option. Is there a way to go back to "Play"? Even if I select a song and play it using the small triangle-shaped play button at the bottom the list wil...

• Casual Listener
  • I can't play my lists in the order I've organized them on my iPhone. "SHUFFLE PLAY" seems the only option. Is there a way to go back to "Play"? Even if I select a song and play it using the small tri...
  • Odin10
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Shuffle play
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Go online days...

my go online days went to 28 days from yesterday to 26 days today, what does this mean and why??thanks

•   my go online days went to 28 days from yesterday to 26 days today, what does this mean and why?? thanks 🙂
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Local Files Sync to iPhone app and the track length shortens

Hello All, Iphone Version 4.8.0.1085Windows Desktop Version 1.0.21.143.g76c19bcd To help explain I have attached 2 files - Iphone / Desktop. The Desktop shows the correct time of 73 minutes for the track however the iPhone app only shows 36~minutes. ...

• Casual Listener
  •   Hello All,   Iphone Version 4.8.0.1085 Windows Desktop Version 1.0.21.143.g76c19bcd   To help explain I have attached 2 files - Iphone / Desktop.   The Desktop shows the...
  • gregbird
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

I do not have shuffle play turned on yet Spoti automatically shuffles

I'll hit the first track in an album and it will start shuffling through all the tracks incessantly. I've restarted app, logged off, tried two different times so far today.

• I'll hit the first track in an album and it will start shuffling through all the tracks incessantly. I've restarted app, logged off, tried two different times so far today.
  • davidparker999
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Facebook

If I can't connect with Facebook app to sharing my music , what can I do?

• Casual Listener
  • If I can't connect with Facebook app to sharing my music , what can I do?
  • rosauribecas
  • Casual Listener
  • 6 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 1 likes

Songs no longer sync to my iPhone 5s

I've had my playlist of local files that are on my laptop downloaded and available offline for over a month now and when I accidentally switched Available Offline to the OFF side earlier today all the songs were removed. I didn't panic and turned it ...

• Regular
  • I've had my playlist of local files that are on my laptop downloaded and available offline for over a month now and when I accidentally switched Available Offline to the OFF side earlier today all th...
  • breggsy
  • Regular
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Playlist downloading

All of my playlist stop downloading half way through

• All of my playlist stop downloading half way through
  • breggsy
  • Regular
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotfiy Fails to connect with Google Chromecast Audio

My wife & I are both Spotify premium subscribers. We both have iphones and all of the software is up to date (iOS, Spotify app, Google Chromecast app).We recently bought a Google Chromecast Audio. Seemed a great way to bring my old Hi-fi into the dig...

• Casual Listener
  • My wife & I are both Spotify premium subscribers. We both have iphones and all of the software is up to date (iOS, Spotify app, Google Chromecast app). We recently bought a Google Chromecast Aud...
  • DABBR
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes
  • iphone
    streaming to devices
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! Spotify Won't Sync The Rest Of My Songs To Offline Mode

I Have a playlist of around 4000 songs and it downloads about 3095 of them but then the rest just have a gray arrow next to them and at the top of the playlist it says waiting to download even out of the playlist I can't download anything just "waiti...

• Casual Listener
  • I Have a playlist of around 4000 songs and it downloads about 3095 of them but then the rest just have a gray arrow next to them and at the top of the playlist it says waiting to download even out of...
  • Bittencourt
  • Spotify Star
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify shuts down on iPod Touch spontaneously

I have used spotify premium for a few days on my iPod touch in a dock speaker. Several times a day the Spotify app shut down, often in the middle of a song, without any warning wse.The app is easily started again, but shuts down again within 10 minut...

• Visitor
  • I have used spotify premium for a few days on my iPod touch in a dock speaker.   Several times a day the Spotify app shut down, often in the middle of a song, without any warning wse. The app...
  • matzas
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 4 likes

No automatic download of saved songs after upgrading their quality

I recently moved to iOS and configured Spotify to download songs in extreme quality, it asked if I'd like to update my whole library to this new setting, I confirmed but it did not downloaded all of them automatically unless I have my songs list show...

• I recently moved to iOS and configured Spotify to download songs in extreme quality, it asked if I'd like to update my whole library to this new setting, I confirmed but it did not downloaded all of ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • quality
    settings
    songs
    Update
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Connect playlist issue with Yamaha Receiver

My issue starts when I add multiple songs to the queue via "Add to Up Next" option. No matter how many songs I add to the queue, it will ALWAYS play the 3rd song in the queue twice. And when I open the app up on my phone or macbook pro - it will then...

• Casual Listener
  • My issue starts when I add multiple songs to the queue via "Add to Up Next" option.  No matter how many songs I add to the queue, it will ALWAYS play the 3rd song in the queue twice. &nbsp...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Connect
    receiver
    Yamaha
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Multiple device music handoff behavior, way to stop it?

so I run spotify at my desk (OSX) during work and on multiple iOS devices. The behavior im trying to stop is where Im listening to something on the desktop version, then I leave and listen to something on my iOS device and when I get back to my deskt...

• Casual Listener
  • so I run spotify at my desk (OSX) during work and on multiple iOS devices.  The behavior im trying to stop is where Im listening to something on the desktop version, then I leave and listen to s...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Playlist sorting

A few updates ago, my Starred playlist completely flipped in it's order. Now all my albums play in reverse order w/o shuffle and any new music I add is now at the bottom of a 20+ hour playlist. Any way I can fix this? Thanks.

• A few updates ago, my Starred playlist completely flipped in it's order. Now all my albums play in reverse order w/o shuffle and any new music I add is now at the bottom of a 20+ hour playlist. Any w...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Premium

Lo acabo de pagar y dicen que mi pago no se proceso.Necesito que lo activen de inmediato

• Lo acabo de pagar y dicen que mi pago no se proceso. Necesito que lo activen de inmediato
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Won't stay on a track for more than a second

I'm using ipad. Suddenly anything i try and play won't stay on the track, and it keeps skipping to the next track. Nothing stays for more than a second. Any ideas? ross

• I'm using ipad. Suddenly anything i try and play won't stay on the track, and it keeps skipping to the next track. Nothing stays for more than a second. Any ideas?  ross
  • therealterrytol
  • Casual Listener
  • 9 replies
  • 5 likes
  • 9 replies
  • 5 likes

Unable to sync local files to iPhone if file is not licensed to Spotify.

Hey folks, I am able to sync local files from PC to iPhone using Offline Playlists but only when the included files are part of the licensed Spotify library. Titles for the unsynced songs do appear on the phone but I get the "Song Not Downloaded" err...

• Hey folks,    I am able to sync local files from PC to iPhone using Offline Playlists but only when the included files are part of the licensed Spotify library. Titles for the unsync...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! No Audio on iPad mini2

After the Last Update at 29.01.2016 the Audio on my iPad mini2 isn't working with spotify. Also a lot of Web Players, the youtube App and Apple Music and Apple Videos arent working. Apps with working Audio are Netflix and ireal pro, also GarageBand. ...

• Casual Listener
  • After the Last Update at 29.01.2016 the Audio on my iPad mini2 isn't working with spotify. Also a lot of Web Players, the youtube App and Apple Music and Apple Videos arent working. Apps with working...
  • Com
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Album not playing?

Hey i have this problem when the songs are still in my playlist but they are in gray not like all of the other songs which have the track name in white but it wont play them automatically skips them but if i hold down on top of tue track it still giv...

• Hey i have this problem when the songs are still in my playlist but they are in gray not like all of the other songs which have the track name in white but it wont play them automatically skips them ...
  • Swanny
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

how to Disable spotify on iphone of my ex

My girlfriend and i broke up! But she is continuesly using my spotify account on her iphone device. How can i lock/disable/log off her from my account?

• Regular
  • My girlfriend and i broke up! But she is continuesly using my spotify account on her iphone device.  How can i lock/disable/log off her from my account?
  • Jude
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes