Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

iPod Touch randomly stops playing

iPod Touch randomly stops playing

I'm posting here because I figure an iPod Touch is close to an iPhone. I select a radio station and start playing it. Then at random intervals, it just stops playing. I haven't touched it since it started playing. Like it has timed out or something. Sometimes it happens after an hour, sometimes after several hours. I can't figure out what the issue could be. Is there a setting that I should be looking at? Thanks for any help or suggestions!

3 Replies

Hey @popo94010!

Welcome to the Spotify community.

Just to check,  can you let us know if this started happening after a specific update or event? Also, can you let us know what device/operating system and Spotify version you're currently using?

In the meantime, try logging out and back in to see if this issue persists.

Keep us posted.
Maria_BModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“The music is not in the notes, but in the silence in between.” – Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart

Unfortunately, nothing seemed to remedy the problem. The issue is obviously with Spotify Connect since once I stopped using it and just streamed directly through my iPod Touch, the problem stopped. Oh well.

My songs stop playing either at the end of the song or at the begining of a song. Very irritating since I use my iPods on my motorcycles. I notice that it only happened on one iPod Touch 4th Geneneration. I thought it was Spotify but then it happened when I was listening to music on my iPod not with Spotify. Problem is talked about on the Apple Website here: https://discussions.apple.com/thread/5213830?start=0&tstart=0 So I'm currently working with my iPod to see if I can correct it. It just did it, the player is cycling from 1 to 8 seconds without sound and won't play unless I backup to previous song and restart next song.

Suggested posts