Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

iphone skipping and stopping?

Solved!

iphone skipping and stopping?

Chanced to premium and had loads of problems on desktop but most annoyingly on my iphone it olays about half a song then starts to skip and then stops what do I do? if it continues i will not be staying with spotify!

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hello!

Welcome to the community.

There's a couple of things you can try here. First of all, try changing to a different streaming quality, and turning off crossfade and gapless playback. This might get tracks to play again normally.
Airhorn Enthusiast

View solution in original post

49 Replies
Marked as solution

Hello!

Welcome to the community.

There's a couple of things you can try here. First of all, try changing to a different streaming quality, and turning off crossfade and gapless playback. This might get tracks to play again normally.
Airhorn Enthusiast

I don't know how to do those things sorry not very good with tech 

The options should all be in the settings menu.

Spotify app » Settings » Stream

If it is set to "High quality", try out "Low bandwidth" (or the other way around), as well as what David mentioned.
-------

Check out how we're doing over @SpotifyStatus

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

Did that and song starting skipping and stopped after about a minute just like before

Sam,

I've got Spotify Ver 0.4.26.1.g01466bb9.  I have it set to stream - Low bandwidth.  Sync - Low bandwidth.  No cross fades.  And I'm still having problems with the app crashing after 3-4 songs.   If you can't help me I'm cancelling my subscription.  Pls email me at renaissancedrum@hotmail.com.

Thanks,

Paul

Hi

My iphone keeps skipping through songs for no reason. I have had Spotify premium for about 6 months now with no issues before.

Please help asap on what I need to do. I tried turning gapless playback off and no crossfade. It made no difference.

Hi Wavers539 - Have you tried any of the troubleshooting steps mentioned by David and Sam above?

If you're still having trouble, let me know what iOS app you're using. 

Hi I tried the above and still have skipping.

I am using version 0.5.6.19.gaec439b7

if that makes any sense?

Seriuosly, I pay for Spotify.

I've tried the work arounds for the mobile app, I've uninstalled and reinstalled and it still skips songs.

It's very frustrating. Poor product functionality/support.

Also, for the PC, the volume goes up and down and it drives me crazy. I've tried the work arounds in the forum for that like the "do nothing" option under sound. What a shoddy product!!!

You guys need to fix the bugs in your product. I'm about to cancel my subscription too.

I have been using Spotify for months and now all of a sudden when I am playing songs it seems to skip every few seconds. The music will play fine for about an half hour and then out of nowhere it either starts to skip or the volume goes up and down. It is very annoying! I have changed every setting, made lists available offline, uninstalled, reinstalled, re-started the app and phone, and nothing has worked.

Is there a fix for this? I don’t know how much more I can take, I am about to cancel. Please email me if you have a solution (marco.rivera@live.com) .

I've been having the same problem too.  Premium version. Use Spotify on my Iphone4S every day while driving, at the gym, and at work. It's been very annoying lately. It's been about a week and I've tried all the troubleshooting advice. 

Love Spotify- But if this isn't resolved within the next week or two I'm going to cancel my subscription. 

Get the act together Spotify and fix the issue. 

Hi, I just bought an Ipod Touch 4 and downloaded the latest Spotify software yesterday App 0.5.9.10 Spofity Cord 0.7.1.6114)  - the first app to be downloaded. 13.8GB capacity 13.2GB available. iOS Version 6.0.1. It may have worked yesterday but today I get jumping 10 secs on each song offline and online.  This a premium feature of Spotify and so I can imagine why the previous spotifiers were annoyed.

Experimenting with gapless playback, cross fade, offline does not appear to make a difference. Resyncing my offline playlist does not appear to make a difference.

Help would be appreciated. 

Regards, 

Hi. OK, months later and I'm searching for the same terms as these folks did because I just upgraded to the highest level, downloaded the app, created a playlist and it skips after a few seconds of the song.

I've followed all the suggestions. Moreover, I created an offline playlist and it appeared to download all songs fine, but it still skips. Have there been additional suggestions to solve this problem?

Thanks.

Same here - having upgraded to ios7 on iPhone 5, tracks start skipping 10 seconds at a time, playing 1 second, then skipping 10 seconds, and so on.  Also, weirdly, when I press play then put my iPhone horizontally, it cues Siri.  Tho that may be Apple's problem, not Spotify.  Anyway.  Can anyone suggest any help with the skipping tracks issue?  Have tried all suggestions on this thread, none have worked unfortunately.  Hoping a Spotify admin/tech support might chip in here. 

This issue is not limited to just Apple products and is 100% fault on Spotifys hands.

I am an I.T.  and I have the same issues on my desktop pc and also my Galaxy touched.

I had one sound card that it skipped on so I put in a add on card, same issue.

removed the add in and issue still persists.

Installed adobe flash for both I.E. and F.F. and resinstalled current versions, same issue.

FIX YER STUFF FOLKS , Its Spotify.exe not the users.....

@Kupski wrote:

This issue is not limited to just Apple products and is 100% fault on Spotifys hands.

I am an I.T.  and I have the same issues on my desktop pc and also my Galaxy touched.

I had one sound card that it skipped on so I put in a add on card, same issue.

removed the add in and issue still persists.

Installed adobe flash for both I.E. and F.F. and resinstalled current versions, same issue.

FIX YER STUFF FOLKS , Its Spotify.exe not the users.....

Are those devices both connected to the same network? 

If so it sounds more like a connection issue than a software one. 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Yep this is crap! 4S App plays for 15 sec of track and then skips off to the next. Very annoying and unexceptable for Premium Account! This better be sorted out quick otherwise I am out! 

Always or just today @thorntonart ?

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

This problem started approximately one week ago. My wife has the iPhone 5 and it's doing the same thing. Music will be playing fine for 3-4 tracks and then Spotify starts to play 15 sec of a song and skips to another track. My phone connects to wireless network upon arrival home. I am checking my desk top to see if it's doing the same thing.

Suggested posts