Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

local files aren't playable on my iphone

local files aren't playable on my iphone

So i downloaded some songs that aren't on spotify. I added them to my playlists as local files. This works on my windows computer. when i open the spotify app on my phone and want to listen to those songs spotify says i can't. I can see the songs ( local files ) in my playlist but they are black and if i click on them they tell me to offline synchronise the playlist but i can't find that option anywere. So how can i get those local files that are playable on my desktop to play on my iphone?

I need some help with this! Thankyou!

PS

I got spotify premium and i did NOT reach the max of 3333 offline downloaded songs

4 Replies

Hi.

The most basic answer I can give is that you need to run your desktop and phone at the same time on the same wifi for you to be able to sync the local files, here is a more detailed guide:
https://support.spotify.com/using_spotify/playlists/listen-to-local-files/

Thank you for your reply. I tried this many times. It just won't work. As you can see in the image that i added, it shows that it is waiting to download. All the songs in the playlist that are allready on spotify are downloaded and green. However the local files will not download and they get a grey arrow instead of a green one.

IMG_3408.PNG

If you are eager enough you can try a clean installation on both your desktop and phone.
If you have Windows on your desktop the solution here is how to do a clean installation:
https://community.spotify.com/t5/Desktop-Linux-Windows-Web-Player/PC-App-won-t-launch-can-t-uninstal...

On your phone delete the app. Restart the phone. Install the app.

I have been having some issues with this as well, but I finally figured it out! I guess this can be useful for anyone still having an issue nowadays. After following the steps to have your computer and phone on the same wifi and downloading the playlist in which the local files are in (you can add them to any playlist), then you want to go onto the Spotify app on your phone. Then, go to the settings and scroll down to find the "Local Files". You should tap on it and see an option to turn on "Local audio files''. Just turn in on and you should be able to play the song on your phone!

Suggested posts