Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

local files not working on new device

local files not working on new device

I recently got a new iPhone, and upon setting it up it downloaded all the songs, albums, playlists etc that I had downloaded on my old device- except all of the local files stopped playing. they are not grayed out, and they have the green downloaded icon next to them, but none of them are playable. 

i have tried redownloading those playlists containing local files on both desktop and the phone and neither works. they work totally fine on my desktop. the phone has enough space and has no problem downloading other songs- it just won't play local files.

5 Replies

Upvote this post and comment with your iOS version and spotify app version name. https://community.spotify.com/t5/Ongoing-Issues/Playback-stops-after-each-song-with-downloaded-album...

Hoping the more people pile on this issue Spotify will do something about it...It's been 3 weeks since being informed about it and they say it's """"under investigation"""" but they're dragging their feet. I posted about this on facebook and it's an issue for most iOS users it seems...I can't believe they haven't done anything about it.

Hey there @i9_ and @nocomply65

Thanks for reaching out to the Community about this. 

@i9_ First thing to try here is changing the source location of the local files on your desktop. Simply create a new folder in a different directory on your device and move your local files to this folder. Then just delete the old folder used for the local files. Now you can try importing the files again. 

Check out this help page for further tips on how to troubleshoot your local files.

@nocomply65 Keep in mind that the Ongoing Issue you're addressing has now been resolved.  

Hope this helps. Let us know how it goes. 

It has NOT been resolved. I'm at my wits end with Spotify.

yeah definitely not resolved. the issue is not source hosting of the local files because it still works totally fine on a separate mobile device. moving the files around will only cause more problems. 

I just upgraded from an iPhone 7 to an 11. I restored the 11 using the 7. The local files still work on the iPhone 7, but they do not work on the 11. Please help fix.

Suggested posts