Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

iOS Local Files: Easier import with the Files app

It is now easier to import Local Files into the Spotify iOS app through the Files app on your iOS device. A computer and WiFi network are not required to use this new import method. This means that you can now import Local Files into the Spotify iOS ...

Files app icon.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • zoabknew
  • Regular
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes

Superuser Contribution Cannot find facebook friends - error message

I have connected spotify to my facebook account; when using the iphone app, i cannot load a facebook friends list - presents an error message.I have deleted; reinstalled. Downloaded the app to my macbook; tried there with no avail.Investigated using ...

• Casual Listener
  • I have connected spotify to my facebook account; when using the iphone app, i cannot load a facebook friends list - presents an error message. I have deleted; reinstalled. Downloaded the app to my m...
  • Peter
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Moving Playlist

PlanPremiumCountryuSA DeviceiPhone 11 My Question Is there a way to move the order of playlists? By that I do not mean moving the songs on the playlist. I mean organizing my list of playlists so my favorite is at the top.

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country uSA   Device iPhone 11   My Question  Is there a way to move the order of playlists? By that I do not mean moving the songs on the playlist. I mean organi...
  • OneByBoo
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution [iOS] Why can I not unhide a song?

I’ve been enjoying a song called Wave Board by Tarro lately, and then I checked on Spotify, and it was hidden. I guess I’d seen it before. Problem is, I cannot unhide it. The option is there, I can click it, I even put the song in a playlist, but ala...

• Visitor
  • I’ve been enjoying a song called Wave Board by Tarro lately, and then I checked on Spotify, and it was hidden. I guess I’d seen it before. Problem is, I cannot unhide it. The option is there, I can c...
  • Peter
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • iOS
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

I can not rearrange songs on my playlist

hi, I’m new to the board. I’m on the free version account. I’m discovering I can not rearrange songs on a playlist. This version, I go up to filter, choose “custom order” but when I try to drag a song, it won’t drag most times and even when I can dra...

• Casual Listener
  • hi, I’m new to the board. I’m on the free version account. I’m discovering I can not rearrange songs on a playlist. This version, I go up to filter, choose “custom order” but when I try to drag a son...
  • Emilia_8
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Playlist length is missing

I used to be able to see the length of a playlist by swiping on the playlist cover. Is this feature gone or has it moved somewhere else?

• Roadie
  • I used to be able to see the length of a playlist by swiping on the playlist cover. Is this feature gone or has it moved somewhere else?
  • OneByBoo
  • Roadie
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes

Shuffling filtered songs

PlanFree/PremiumCountry Device(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)Operating System(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.) My Question or IssuePreviously when looking at my whole library (as in my liked songs) I could search for an arti...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Free/Premium Country   Device (iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016) Operating System (iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)   My Question or Issue Previou...
  • mdtylerdo
  • Visitor
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

Issue with podcasts via bluetooth

PremiumiPhone 7 I've had an ongoing issue where Podcasts in Spotify do not stream via bluetooth in my car. Songs work fine and podcasts work on any other bluetooth speaker or Airpods...but not in the car. I found some similar issues in this forum but...

• Premium iPhone 7   I've had an ongoing issue where Podcasts in Spotify do not stream via bluetooth in my car.  Songs work fine and podcasts work on any other bluetooth speaker or Ai...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Cannot replay podcast episodes.

PlanPremiumCountryUSDeviceiPhone 7Operating SystemiOS 12.3.1 My Question or IssueI cannot replay podcasts once they've been completed. Sometimes at work they'll just be playing in the background and I am not able to fully focus so I might go back and...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country US Device iPhone 7 Operating System iOS 12.3.1   My Question or Issue I cannot replay podcasts once they've been completed. Sometimes at work they'll just be playi...
  • eproofreader
  • Casual Listener
  • 9 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 9 replies
  • 2 likes

Bloomberg/ WSJ podcasts on Etisalat in UAE

PlanPremiumCountryUAE, operator EtisalatDeviceiPhone XOperating Systemios 10 My Question or IssueSeems like some Spotify podcasts (definitely Bloomberg, WSJ) are being blocked since one week by a network operator Etisalat. I cannot play the podcasts ...

• Casual Listener
  •   Plan Premium Country UAE, operator Etisalat Device iPhone X Operating System ios 10   My Question or Issue Seems like some Spotify podcasts (definitely Bloomberg, WSJ) are bein...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Three dots

PlanPremiumCountryUK DeviceiPhone 7 Plus Operatingios 13 My Question or IssueI'm so frustrated with using Spotify. So frustrated that I've switched between Spotify and apply music several times this year. Apple Music I find just works well, no issues...

• Regular
  •   Plan Premium Country UK   Device iPhone 7 Plus  Operating ios 13   My Question or Issue I'm  so frustrated with using Spotify. So frustrated that I've swi...
  • dereksb3
  • Regular
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

iPad and iPhone loosing Sonos speakers

I am having problems with Sonos and Spotify. I have some Sonos speakers that keep disappearing from the Spotify app from my iOS iPad and iPhone but they are visible on my iMac. I have deleted the applications Spotify and Sonos from both devices and r...

• Casual Listener
  • I am having problems with Sonos and Spotify.   I have some Sonos speakers that keep disappearing from the Spotify app from my iOS iPad and iPhone but they are visible on my iMac.   I h...
  • Storah
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

iPhone App Playlist Stuck on "Waiting to Download" for Offline Songs

My Question or IssueI was recently having issues downloading a playlist of offline songs from my Mac to my iPhone. I was using the latest version of the Spotify App on both. After a lot of trial and error, and divide and conquer strategies, I realize...

• Regular
  • My Question or Issue I was recently having issues downloading a playlist of offline songs from my Mac to my iPhone. I was using the latest version of the Spotify App on both.   After a lot of...
  • BranLeo
  • Regular
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Download Stalled
    Offline songs
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

iOS 13 CarPlay low volume issue only with Spotify

CarPlay low volume issue just with Spotify PlanPremium DeviceiOS 13 , iPhone 8 , iPhone XR, iPhone XS Max My Question or Issue I have experienced on any iPhone devices and with carplay on a really low volume on the car, this doesn’t happens with Appl...

• Casual Listener
  • CarPlay low volume  issue just with Spotify  Plan Premium   Device iOS 13 , iPhone 8 , iPhone XR, iPhone XS Max     My Question or Issue  I have experienced on ...
  • Angela765
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 7 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 7 likes

Superuser Contribution What is causing my playlist to download every time I reopen the app?????

PREMIUM PLANUSiPhone X - Latest iOS Since I've moved from NY, I haven't been using my playlist on a daily bases. BUT I was back for work for a week, and my rides on the subway were miserable because the playlists I had created for the sole purpose of...

• Visitor
  • PREMIUM PLAN US iPhone X - Latest iOS   Since I've moved from NY, I haven't been using my playlist on a daily bases. BUT I was back for work for a week, and my rides on the subway were miser...
  • Petya
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Moving songs in queue

PlanPremiumCountryUSDeviceiPhone 8 PlusOperating System iOS 13.2.3 My Question or IssueWhen I move songs in my queue, it moves way too fast and many times it takes me all the way to the bottom of it. When I try moving it back up, it takes me straight...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country US Device iPhone 8 Plus Operating System  iOS 13.2.3   My Question or Issue When I move songs in my queue, it moves way too fast and many times it takes me al...
  • Aussiemusicfan
  • Music Fan
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

"Connect to a Device" inconsistent

Premium user (USA) four Mac devices that I play Spotify from (older iPhone, 2016 Mac Air, 2019 Mac Pro, latest gen iPad). They all connect fine to my speakers--my question concerns seeing the various Mac devices on "Connect to a Device." I checked th...

• Visitor
  • Premium user (USA)  four Mac devices that I play Spotify from (older iPhone, 2016 Mac Air, 2019 Mac Pro, latest gen iPad).   They all connect fine to my speakers--my question concerns se...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Local Files Not Syncing to iPhone 11 Pro

Spotify Premium/USA on an iPhone 11 Pro with a iOS 13.2.3 OS I just got the new iPhone 11 and have had issues syncing the local files I have on my computer to the new phone. I followed the same steps I did when I had the iPhone 8, adding them to a pl...

• Visitor
  • Spotify Premium/USA on an iPhone 11 Pro with a iOS 13.2.3 OS   I just got the new iPhone 11 and have had issues syncing the local files I have on my computer to the new phone. I followed the s...
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes

SOME local mp3 files not syncing to iPhone

PlanPremiumCountryUnited StatesDevice(MacBook Pro / iPhone 7)Operating System(MacOS 10.15.1 / iOS 13.1.3) My Question or IssueI am trying to sync local files (MP3) from my MacBook Pro to my iPhone, and some are syncing and some not - even from the sa...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country United States Device (MacBook Pro / iPhone 7) Operating System (MacOS 10.15.1 / iOS 13.1.3)   My Question or Issue I am trying to sync local files (MP3) from my Ma...
  • bearaa90
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Syncing Local FIles
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Missing albums

I downloaded an album called Lock up ya mother’s by Billy Thorpe and the Aztecs I can’t play it anymore. What’s the reason for this Premiumaust Device(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)Operating System(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10...

• Casual Listener
  • I downloaded an album called Lock up ya mother’s by Billy Thorpe and the Aztecs I can’t play it anymore. What’s the reason for this  Premium aust   Device (iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9,...
  • OneByBoo
  • Roadie
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

can’t play spotify in car

PlanPremiumCountryUKDeviceiPhone 8 My Question or Issuei don’t know when this started but it was this year for sure in the last few months. i use to be able to plug my charger into the car usb port and my music playing on spotify would come through t...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country UK Device iPhone 8     My Question or Issue i don’t know when this started but it was this year for sure in the last few months. i use to be able to plug my ch...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes