Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

iOS Local Files: Easier import with the Files app

It is now easier to import Local Files into the Spotify iOS app through the Files app on your iOS device. A computer and WiFi network are not required to use this new import method. This means that you can now import Local Files into the Spotify iOS ...

Files app icon.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • zoabknew
  • Regular
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes

CarPlay

After years of paying for my music, I have decided to switch over to Spotify due to be frustration with the new iTunes set up. I use Spotify through CarPlay and when I access my favorite artist it just shuffles their songs, doesn't allow me to pick a...

• Visitor
  • After years of paying for my music, I have decided to switch over to Spotify due to be frustration with the new iTunes set up. I use Spotify through CarPlay and when I access my favorite artist it ju...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Cannot play local files songs on IPad

PlanPremiumCountryCyprus/UKDeviceIPadOperating SystemiOS 10 My Question or IssueHi Is there any way in which I can play my ‘local files’ tunes on the IOS version of Spotify? I spent hours ripping CD’s to Itunes and then exporting them to Spotify, onl...

• Regular
  • Plan Premium Country Cyprus/UK Device IPad Operating System iOS 10   My Question or Issue Hi   Is there any way in which I can play my ‘local files’ tunes on the IOS version of ...
  • CarterUSM
  • Regular
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Local File Songs Not Syncing with iPhone

Premium US DeviceiPhone 11/Macbook Pro (iOS 13.1.13) I have been working on this all day and its been driving me crazy. I have 4 songs that I have on my computer that I to play on my phone. I have literally tried everything to try and make this work....

• Visitor
  • Premium  US   Device iPhone 11/Macbook Pro  (iOS 13.1.13)   I have been working on this all day and its been driving me crazy. I have 4 songs that I have on my computer tha...
  • 0 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 4 likes

problem in my library about search

PremiumTurkeyiPhone 8iOS 13 Hi, when I search for something (artist, album, song name, etc.) in my liked songs and after I press shuffle button it doesn't play the songs that I searched. If I don't press the shuffle button and just click the song whe...

• Casual Listener
  • Premium Turkey iPhone 8 iOS 13   Hi, when I search for something (artist, album, song name, etc.) in my liked songs and after I press shuffle button it doesn't play the songs that I searche...
  • AeroZ
  • Composer
  • 4 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 2 likes

Solved!! Stops after 30 seconds

PlanFree/PremiumCountryUSADeviceiPhone 6s plusOperating System iOS 13.2.3 (iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.) My Question or IssueJust downloaded the app today, and all types of issues are apparent. Main one is that when selecting individual tune...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Free/Premium Country USA Device iPhone 6s plus Operating System  iOS 13.2.3   (iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)   My Question or Issue Just downloaded the...
  • Geekjazz
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify messing up, or just me?

PlanPremiumCountryUnited StatesOperating SystemiOS 13.2.3 My Question or IssueWhenever I start a playlist radio, Spotify will play about 30-40 songs in my library and maybe one song that I haven’t heard before. The catch is that I don’t like any of t...

• Plan Premium Country United States Operating System iOS 13.2.3   My Question or Issue Whenever I start a playlist radio, Spotify will play about 30-40 songs in my library and maybe one s...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

offline mode-songs not loading when I don't have internet cinnection

I have premium account and a lot of songs available offline but while I'm travelling outside the country and I don't have internet connection I open Spotify, go to Library / Songs and the song wont load most of the times. So the solution I've found i...

• Casual Listener
  • I have premium account and a lot of songs available offline but while I'm travelling outside the country and I don't have internet connection I open Spotify, go to Library / Songs and the song wont l...
  • kfigura
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 5 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 5 likes

Apple TV changes accounts all the time

PlanPremiumCountryThe Netherlands DeviceApple TV My Question or IssueAfter the fixed login issues I fount another: I have a family plan. Very happy that me and my wife aren't blocking each other anymore. But now, when I stream something to the apple ...

• Regular
  •   Plan Premium Country The Netherlands   Device Apple TV   My Question or Issue After the fixed login issues I fount another: I have a family plan. Very happy that me and my ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! “songs” option missing from library

My “songs” tab is missing from my library. I can’t listen to anything randomly with the new interface. If I can, it is a playlist and not my downloaded content. I can’t sort in alphabetical order. I would like to know how to select songs individually...

• Casual Listener
  • My “songs” tab is missing from my library.   I can’t listen to anything randomly with the new interface.  If I can, it is a playlist and not my downloaded content.   I can’t sort i...
  • pseudopsyche
  • 4 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 4 likes

Cannot connect to Definitive W7 WiFi speaker

I have several Definitive W7 speakers installed on my home network. Until recently, all of them were visible and could connect to Spotify. Now none of them connect. I can see all speakers in the Play-Fi App; however, when I attempt to use Spotify, no...

• Visitor
  • I have several Definitive W7 speakers installed on my home network. Until recently, all of them were visible and could connect to Spotify. Now none of them connect.  I can see all speakers in th...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify icon 3D Touch problem

Hello everyone,PlanPremiumCountry TurkeyDeviceiPhone XOperating SystemiOS 12.0.1 My Question or Issue My problem is basically when I press the Spotify icon firmly and hold it, the activated 3D Touch quick action panel does not show the most recently ...

• Regular
  • Hello everyone, Plan Premium Country  Turkey Device iPhone X Operating System iOS 12.0.1   My Question or Issue  My problem is basically when I press the Spotify icon firmly...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 12 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 12 replies
  • 0 likes

Select to filter folders

PlanPremiumCountryUKDeviceiPhone 7SOperating SystemiOS My Question or IssueHi there.Due to the way I like to folder my music by month, I end up with loads of folders since the last update of Spotify. The update was great in many ways, but previously ...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country UK Device iPhone 7S Operating System iOS   My Question or Issue Hi there. Due to the way I like to folder my music by month, I end up with loads of folders since ...
  • polyphant
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Connection Bugs Google Home/Streaming Music - Fail!

PlanPremium [2 years + ] CountryUSA DeviceiPhone XROperating SystemiOS 13 My Question or IssueConnection between Spotfiy and Google Home Mini Speaker crashing/failing: Every time I connect spotify with my Google Home Mini Speaker the following happen...

• Music Fan
  • Plan Premium [2 years + ]   Country USA   Device iPhone XR Operating System iOS 13   My Question or Issue Connection between Spotfiy and Google Home Mini Speaker crashing/f...
  • k14j-my_4omd
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Google Home
    iOS13
    iphone
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Dúvida sobre botão flutuante

PlanFPremiumCountryBrasilDeviceiphone 8Operating System(iOS 13 My Question or IssuePercebi hoje, um botão novo, na parte inferior direta. Quando clico, entra no menu de “conectar a um dispositivo”, não tenho nenhum por perto e nem conectado à minha r...

• Visitor
  • Plan FPremium Country Brasil Device iphone 8 Operating System (iOS 13   My Question or Issue Percebi hoje, um botão novo, na parte inferior direta. Quando clico, entra no menu de “cone...
  • OneByBoo
  • Roadie
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Downloads not deleted after removing downloads

Spotify on iOS 11 (iPhone SE)(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.) My Question or Issue I turn OFF the download switch on an album.I get the delete downloads dialog boxI select removeSongs are still downloaded and use up spaceFIX THIS! Deleting the...

• Spotify on iOS 11 (iPhone SE) (iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)   My Question or Issue  I turn OFF the download switch on an album. I get the delete downloads dialog box ...
  • Emberlite
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes

Greyed out songs

Hi! So I’m on a family plan on my iPhone 7 (the same as my dad) and am having mysteriously greyed out songs. The only issue I can find that’s close to this is songs being unavailable in my country, but I live in the us, and these same songs work for ...

• Visitor
  • Hi! So I’m on a family plan on my iPhone 7 (the same as my dad) and am having mysteriously greyed out songs. The only issue I can find that’s close to this is songs being unavailable in my country, b...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Change- Can’t “Like” In Now-Playing Bar

iOS 10, premium, USAQuestion- I think Spotify just changed the “Now Playing” bar in iOS? Is it no longer possible to “Like” a song in the now playing bar? The thumbnail image of the track is now where the “Like” heart used to be- if that’s not possib...

• Visitor
  •   iOS 10, premium, USA Question- I think Spotify just changed the “Now Playing” bar in iOS?  Is it no longer possible to “Like” a song in the now playing bar? The thumbnail image of the ...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

App freezes when starting streaming via Sonos/Chromecast

PlanPremiumCountryGermany DeviceiPhone 8Operating SystemiOS 13.2.3 My Question or IssueWhen starting to stream via Sonos or Chromecast the app freezes. Nothing could be changed or controlled. Closing the app completely doesn't help either. When stopp...

•   Plan Premium Country Germany  Device iPhone 8 Operating System iOS 13.2.3   My Question or Issue When starting to stream via Sonos or Chromecast the app freezes. Nothing c...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

How to remove tracks from saved album

PlanPremiumDevice(iPhone 6, iPad Pro)Operating System(iOS 12) My Question or IssueRecently, Spotify removed the tick icon and introduced the heart icon instead for all iOS versions. Since that version, it is not possible anymore to remove single trac...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Device (iPhone 6, iPad Pro) Operating System (iOS 12)   My Question or Issue Recently, Spotify removed the tick icon and introduced the heart icon instead for all iOS versio...
  • Trapjackson
  • Regular
  • 29 replies
  • 21 likes
  • 29 replies
  • 21 likes