Highlighted

Re: no album art in off-line mode with spotify app version 1.0.0.3251

Gig Goer

same here JIM... 😞

Highlighted

Rising Star 1
Rising Star 1

Sorry, I never fully tested this bug myself when you first posted about it last month.

For me only some songs are showing album art in offline mode.

I tried playing more songs in offline mode and the album art is not showing for me.

So yes, this appears to be a bug for me as well in the latest version 1.1

The developers already know about this bug, however I'll pester them about it again.

I'll post back when I have more information about a fix.

Hopefully it will be fixed in the next update.

Highlighted

Gig Goer

Great, sometimes the toughest part of solving the problem is duplicating the bug.  Thanks.

-Jim

Highlighted

Rising Star 1
Rising Star 1

Just so you guys know, the developers do read feedback. They take all bug reports seriously. You are not being ignored. Sometimes it can take a while to come out with a fix. 😉

Highlighted

Gig Goer

I understand.  It needs to be fixed "right" and not just a quick hack.  It is frustrating to users when a release comes out that appears to take away functionality they have become used to, but your attention and support is appreciated.  Thanks,

-Jim

Highlighted

Rising Star 1
Rising Star 1
I heard back from a developer who works on the iPhone app.

They are aware of the bug and are working on a fix for it. The next iPhone update will be 1.2 however this fix will not be in that update because they have to do some major code changes in order to fix it. The fix should be coming in the update after the next. So hopefully the fix will come in update 1.3 or whatever they decide to call it.

The fix could be included in update 1.2 as things change, but as of right now the fix will not make it in time for the next update.

Thanks for your patience and feedback.

Highlighted

Gig Goer

thanks for the update

-Jim

Highlighted

Regular

Jim,

Thanks for the feedback, although I don't understand how this bug did not come up when testing. BTW Incidentally album art is shown for a song but I cannot reproduce when this happens.

Is there a thread where all bugs/compaints about new releases are collected? for example:

- I cannot add tracks to playlists when off-line when I go to track options from album art view (only when I go to track options from the playlist)

- The button for song details is tiny, I alwas have to tap is several times before it responds. Before I could simply tap the album art to get into song details.

- Also I have to push a smal X to get back to the playlist in stead of swiping down. This is dangerous when using the phone as a car stereo!

- Starred tracks button diapeared (already found several  threads on that)

- Switching on/ off-line seems to have gotten even harder with all the menu's (there are several threads to finally develop a "stream over 3G" switch so you don't have to do this manually all the time, however not enough Kudo's on a single thread to get developers working)

- Progress of synchronizing songs does not show any more

It used to be so nice, sitting in my car tapping the big album covers to add them to Favorites when I heard a great track. Now it is no longer safe to do this because of the small buttons.

PS Imagine someone would paint your white stereo black because they thought it looked better, would you like that? So why change my Spotify app?

Highlighted

Casual Listener

After update on version 1.2.0 i still don't have album covers in offline mode! How is that possible?

Highlighted

Rising Star 1
Rising Star 1

@shubster wrote:

After update on version 1.2.0 i still don't have album covers in offline mode! How is that possible?

This bug should be fixed in the next update. It's taking longer to fix, so that is why it did not make it into version 1.2.0.

SUGGESTED POSTS