Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

no radio option on my ios

Solved!

no radio option on my ios

hey guys, Ive got the latest version of the spotify ios app on the latest ios version on a iphone 6s. even though on my mac osx i can use radio stations and open artist/song stations, I cant find that option on my ios app (its not showing when i click the "..." either.

any help?

thanks!!

64 Replies

Thanks for letting us know.

We understand what's going on. Did logging out and back in make a difference? Also, if you try using Radio on a different device, are you able to?

We'll be here waiting for more info.

I did try logging out and back in several times and it didn't help. I can use the Radio on the PC.

Same problem. No radio button on iPhone or iPad. Very disappointing!

I chatted with their technical support and they told me that they took a decision to remove this feature from all iOS users for an internal experiment of their developers (?).
I'm not sure what exactly it means but iIt seems that if all of us will contact them and ask this feature back,  it might help (they hinted that the decision might be affected by users demands).
Anyway, it's super disappointing.

I suffer from the same problems. I have had a German Premium account till Thursday the 22nd, and since the change to an Israeli account - I encounter so many problems suddenly and sadly. The main one is this Radio issue on the iOS app (iPhone 6). This is quite annoying, as the whole Radio function disappeared completely! 

I want to know whether there is any solution coming in the near future, as I am definitely not a new user. 

Hey @OmerBuf!

Thanks for bearing with us.

The right folks are looking into this issue with Radio as we speak.

Fingers crossed we'll have an update soon.

Stay tuned.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”
― Maria Augusta von Trapp

Hi Alfredo,

I'm also from Israel and I have the same issue. I have iPhone 7 Plus and I don't have the radio tab. On my Mac, I do have the radio option.

Also, since I became Premium I can't get the Daily Mix playlist. Exactly like this guy: https://community.spotify.com/t5/Ongoing-Issues/After-going-premium-Daily-mixes-disappeared/idi-p/44...

I tried to log out and in from both of my devices but there is no change 😞

Can you assist?

Thanks,

Zeevik

Very strange is because i have 2 phones, one is android based and another one is iphone X. On android, radio is working without problem, on iphone don't...

Marked as solution

Hey folks,

Sorry for the delay!

Radio is not currently available for users in Israel, Romania, South Africa, and Vietnam. However, rest assured we're passing all feedback about this directly along.

If you're experiencing this issue and you're not in one of the above listed countries, we'd recommend heading to this thread.

Many thanks,

/M

I understand this , but why on android phone radio is working, and on my iphoneX or iPad not? Same account...

I think that is unfair not to get the full experience of the app but pay
same price as someone is!
It feels like Apple Music, I really liked the radio option because of this.

Why is available on Android but not on iOS? Im sorry, does not look like a
feature to me, but a bug. I can't believe 100% that this was the decision
from the Product team to release the app on those listed countries..

This is unfortunate. Well, guess that on 4/11, when my free trial ends, I'll just move back to Apple Music for the exact set of functions. The Radio feature was the main reason for me to move to Spotify, but since you've decided to disable it for us for some reason I see no other choice. (please don't say it's not available because of localization, as it IS available on the Mac app).

Hello

It seems entirely unfair to pay the same price as everyone else and to not have the radio option on my iPhone. What use is streaming music without the radio option? Please inform me if this is a temporary issue or if I should cancel my premium account.

Hi Melody,

Thank you for the feedback.

I live in South Africa. Radio is not available on iOs but on Android? How is this possible? When I create a station I cannot play it on my phone or iPad.

Also is a problem communicating and controlling devices. If I play a radio station on my Android phone or computer I cannot control Spotify anymore with any iOs device.

Regards

Thomas

It seems that there is no consistent explanation for this issue. One rep stated above that it was an experiment by the developers on iOS devices, now you are saying that it is still being looked into. Which is it?

Guys, just do what I did, and cancel your premium account if you have it, until they decide to fix this issue. The radio feature was the only thing between Spotify and Apple Music. Since without it there's hardly any advantage for Spotify, I'm heading back to Apple Music. At least they have a bigger music library.

This is really not cool! we were waiting a long time for spotify to come here, and one of the main reasons was the radio feature. what could be the reason of excluding certain countries? doesnt sound right

Same problem here, please fix it ASAP, it's a really important feature and I find it weird that it works on Windows, Android and ubuntu, but not on iOS...IMG_1924.PNG

Just pitching in here also will be leaving Spotify if this is the case of them removing the radio function from iOS.

No worry. Hopefully the radio feature will be with you soon!

Suggested posts